Go to footer

Problem reporting

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: Problem reporting

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Evelien wrote:More of a question than a problem really: are we allowed to have images in our signatures? Cause when I try to edit mine it says the [ img ] tag is ON, but I can't use it. It doesn't work. Haven't seen anything about it in the rules, so I figured I'd ask here :)

Yes, you can have images :) We do ask that they not be really huge ones, and prefer they not be animated - mostly because we do have members on dialup or slower "high speed" connections and we dont' want them getting locked up when they try to load the forum. there is no exact size rule - but we'll let you know if one is too big and should be resized :)

But... the [ img ] tag doesn't work..? That's why I posted ;). It just shows up as the opening tag, then the url and then the closing tag. The code isn't processed. I might have been trying to post a .png, could that be the problem? I'll check it out.

-edit- No, it was a good old .jpg..
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Testing to see how my sig's showing up, cause it's showing up as a piece of code in the user cp preview window and here it isn't showing up in the preview at all...

-edit- Okay, so my sig doesn't get posted at all, even though I have all the necessary boxes checked everywhere :?:
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Evelien wrote:Testing to see how my sig's showing up, cause it's showing up as a piece of code in the user cp preview window and here it isn't showing up in the preview at all...

-edit- Okay, so my sig doesn't get posted at all, even though I have all the necessary boxes checked everywhere :?:

Is the link to your picture a working link? I can't tell you how may times I've couldn't get a picture up because of mistyping a link. Try putting the link in a test post to make sure the image displays.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Well.. here is the image, I just copied and pasted so no mistakes there...

But there's another problem.. when I click 'submit' after putting this in the sig box, go back to the forum and then to the control panel, the sig box is empty again... ??

-edit- I'm trying again and again, but the forum just isn't saving my sig.
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

I tried adding you url to my sig and when I "Previewed" it I got the error message that the image could only be 400 pixels wide, so try reducing the width of your image to less than 400 pixels.

Also the white text on the yellow background is very hard to read (if in fact the image is displaying correctly).
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:41 pm

That's weird. I don't get any error messages when I either preview or submit, I just get the url between img tags.. and then it doesn't save. Or am I blind?

And yeah, I know it's hard to read, it wasn't intentional but I liked it so I left it that way, haha!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm blind. My sincere apologies. All is fixed now.
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:20 pm

No problem. Fixed is good.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby knittnkitten » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 am

hey, I'm using chrome on windows 8, and my posts on the random thoughts thread, and sometimes on the sucks thread keep disappearing. it will post for sure, then a couple hours later I come back and its Gone.
knittnkitten
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 am

Posting this for Myrretah, since she can't post and that's the entire problem. O.O She only posted once, early this afternoon, and now, several hours later, she tried to post in another thread, and she's getting an error message saying she can't post again so soon after her last post. We're a bit confused. Halp?

EDIT: She's running Firefox Vr 23.0.1
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts