Go to footer

Problem reporting

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: Problem reporting

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Rule #5
http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=658

leopardessmoon wrote:ok, 1, dirty board; 2, IE8; 3, PC.
I am not sure if it is a sign of a bigger problem, but my post count has frozen. it hasn't gone up in at least three weeks, scince I had that issue with the usergroup setting (which is now fixed). I dont seem to have any problem submiting posts,
at least I can see them. lol. It is just a little odd, thats all.

I am not worried about the count, my concern is just that it may be a lingering indicator of a problem. After the first few cute avatar tag lines, I hadn't even noticed what the number was until the problem I had a few weeks ago, and that was one of the symptoms of that problem. I love this forum, this is the only place I have found that I can share all of my dolls. I make a real effort to post and interact with everybody here even though I only manage to visit a few times a week. I try to let people know that I am paying attention and appreciating everything they post. I was horribly worried that my account would be messed up forever, and the thought of looseing all of ya'll was devastateing. This is my most active forum, for which I have forsaken all but one or two threads on other forums to be here. The thought that you are mad at me makes want to cry.....

Edit: had I realized at the time that my account was messed up purposefully, I would have been very upset that someone would be so...so well... mean. If there is a problem with my enthusiam, it should be mentioned! I had not recieve even an IOTA of a hint that anyone was miffed, upset, or offended by me, and my happy go lucky self was absolutely clueless.

if anyone needs me, feel free to PM me cause it'll send me an e-mail.
leopardessmoon

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Heya Greyhaunt, I just recently discovered that NONE of the "Let's Talk" posts show up when I click "New Topics" or "Active Topics".... And it seems it hasn't worked for a few months judging by the amount of unread posts there D:

1) What theme you are using (or themes if the problem occurred in several)
Fae Forest 1 0 5

2) What browser(s) are using?
Google Chrome, Firefox

3) Mac or PC and what OS version
PC Windows Vista.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:22 pm

How odd. I shall look into it and see if i can figure out why.

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:Heya Greyhaunt, I just recently discovered that NONE of the "Let's Talk" posts show up when I click "New Topics" or "Active Topics".... And it seems it hasn't worked for a few months judging by the amount of unread posts there D:

1) What theme you are using (or themes if the problem occurred in several)
Fae Forest 1 0 5

2) What browser(s) are using?
Google Chrome, Firefox

3) Mac or PC and what OS version
PC Windows Vista.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby haruredjen » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 pm

PM problems??

Has anyone had any problems with PMs not sending or being received? There are some I KNOW I sent that simply disappeared into the aether, and it seems that some have been sent to me that I did not receive. This has had a deleterious effect on a commission I've been trying to contract! Plus, ya know, it's just annoying. :D

Halp?

Ta!!
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby K2! » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Have you checked to see if your In and Out message boxes are full? That one usually gets me.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby TheHighlander » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 am

Yeah, I had a longish PM go missing on me after sending itabout a week ago, I know I sent it, but it simply disappeared. Nothing in the sent box, outbox or drafts.
TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Postby K2! » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Another thing that can happen is if it takes you a long time to compose an email, while you're typing your message, the system sees you as inactive and can time out your account. Then you hit send and poof, message gone. If it's taking more than 10 minutes or so to compose a message, hit the preview button once in a while so the system keeps your account active.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby cirquemom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Okay, children, also......
The send and save buttons are opposite of junky spot. So if you are used to hitting the send button on the left at Junky Spot, and hit the button on the left on Sactuary, THAT button is the "save" button. The "submit" button on Sanctuary is where the "save- send later" button is on Junky Spot.
So if you do things on autopilot like I do half the time, it is very easy on Sactuary to hit the "save" button instead of the "submit" button. I have done it countless times, figured it out the hard way, because my messages that I knew I had sent kept disappearing into the ether.

Also, I have no idea where they go if you hit save- I've never been able to find one after hitting that button.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Resu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

For some reason I can't seem to access the 1/6th Scale Forum. Every time I try to click the forum or any thread in that forum through "View new posts," I'd get this instead:

I'm using Firefox on my Mac with the Dark Fantasy board theme.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby K2! » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Resu wrote:For some reason I can't seem to access the 1/6th Scale Forum. Every time I try to click the forum or any thread in that forum through "View new posts," I'd get this instead:
(See Image in Original Post)
I'm using Firefox on my Mac with the Dark Fantasy board theme.

Is it still out today (Wednesday, late morning)? I'm assuming this is only a recent problem and not an on going one you've had for months. I too have received similar responses. A lot of problems like this have to do with our hosting service and are out of our hands, a product of economy class hosting. Fortunately most of these outages are intermittent and last only a short time. My best suggestion is to log out for a short time (go visit JS or DoA, get your dander all riled up) and then try coming back.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts