Go to footer

Problem reporting

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: Problem reporting

Postby Resu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm

K2! wrote:
Resu wrote:For some reason I can't seem to access the 1/6th Scale Forum. Every time I try to click the forum or any thread in that forum through "View new posts," I'd get this instead:
(See Image in Original Post)
I'm using Firefox on my Mac with the Dark Fantasy board theme.

Is it still out today (Wednesday, late morning)? I'm assuming this is only a recent problem and not an on going one you've had for months. I too have received similar responses. A lot of problems like this have to do with our hosting service and are out of our hands, a product of economy class hosting. Fortunately most of these outages are intermittent and last only a short time. My best suggestion is to log out for a short time (go visit JS or DoA, get your dander all riled up) and then try coming back.

Yep, as of 6PM Wednesday, I still get that message, and it's only the 1/6th Scale subforum that I get the error message. I've cleared the browser cache and tried again without any changes, as well as trying to access it on Safari. I'm aware of the hosting service problem, so it's not so much of an issue for me. I was just amused that it was the only subforum that gave me the error message. (Perhaps its a not so subtle clue from the neglected 1/6th crew) XD
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Dang...I'm not having any problems at all, but then I'm on Windows with Internet Exploder.

Could you try Google Chrome maybe? I've got to install Firefox to test it which I will shortly. If anyone else has a MAC and could please try things out with the 1/6 forum I would greatly appreciate it since I dont' have access to one :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby K2! » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Resu wrote:Yep, as of 6PM Wednesday, I still get that message, and it's only the 1/6th Scale subforum that I get the error message. I've cleared the browser cache and tried again without any changes, as well as trying to access it on Safari. I'm aware of the hosting service problem, so it's not so much of an issue for me. I was just amused that it was the only subforum that gave me the error message. (Perhaps its a not so subtle clue from the neglected 1/6th crew) XD

Dude, you're boned.

I still think it's a host issue. I've been having 2+ minute page downloads intermittently all evening. They usually take less than a second.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 am

So far tonight I have been unable to load the forum through Chrome or Firefox at all - and have had intermittant luck with Internet Exploder. I had the exact same problem with Madh Vinyl and the damn host website! Anyway, I got on livechat with the host and they "know about the problem, it is at a server level, and they are working on it."

It is officially out of my hands :(
Greyhaunt

Postby Resu » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:39 am

I just wanted to let you know that I have full access to the 1/6th forum again. =D
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Resu wrote:I just wanted to let you know that I have full access to the 1/6th forum again. =D

Awesome! Looks like it was a problem on the server side - no surprise, but periodically annoying hahahaha
Greyhaunt

Postby EAB » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm having problems going on some of the threads. I click on the topic, and a blank page loads. Also, loading for the ones I can get is very slow.
I'm using Firefox.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Unfortunately that is a commonly occurring server issue that we can't really do anything about :( Usually if you wait 10 or 20 minutes it gets better...sometimes it takes longer :(

I know, not a great solution, but the only answer I have :(
Greyhaunt

Postby Evelien » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 am

More of a question than a problem really: are we allowed to have images in our signatures? Cause when I try to edit mine it says the [ img ] tag is ON, but I can't use it. It doesn't work. Haven't seen anything about it in the rules, so I figured I'd ask here :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Evelien wrote:More of a question than a problem really: are we allowed to have images in our signatures? Cause when I try to edit mine it says the [ img ] tag is ON, but I can't use it. It doesn't work. Haven't seen anything about it in the rules, so I figured I'd ask here :)

Yes, you can have images :) We do ask that they not be really huge ones, and prefer they not be animated - mostly because we do have members on dialup or slower "high speed" connections and we dont' want them getting locked up when they try to load the forum. there is no exact size rule - but we'll let you know if one is too big and should be resized :)
Greyhaunt

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts