Go to footer

Problem reporting

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: Problem reporting

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:06 pm

OkamiKodomo wrote:Posting this for Myrretah, since she can't post and that's the entire problem. O.O She only posted once, early this afternoon, and now, several hours later, she tried to post in another thread, and she's getting an error message saying she can't post again so soon after her last post. We're a bit confused. Halp?

EDIT: She's running Firefox Vr 23.0.1

Sorry I'm obscenely late with seeing this - it's a long story - but anyway, is she still having problems?
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Not presently, she was able to post about two days later, but she hasn't been frequenting DS as much as I do. I will update with this if the problem happens again. It was the oddest thing, I was sitting right beside her and watching it happen. We later realized the first post she had made that day had mysteriously disappeared but neither of us remember where it was or what was said, so it's a bit of a moot point.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby K2! » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Back in August-September our web host was reporting that several sites it hosts were experiencing a Denial of Service attack, with tens of thousands of false hits a second. Their servers were having trouble weeding out the false hits from legitimate requests. All this was causing a number of problems across their network including slow response and some data loss. The attack was on going at various amounts for a few weeks and this might have been part of the problems Myrretah and others were having. Or she might have needed to just clear Firefox's cache. In any case please report back if the problem reoccurs.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts