Go to footer

How to post photos from Flickr to DS.

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

How to post photos from Flickr to DS.

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am

Here is where you should be finding the code for sharing things from flickr, I personally usually only use the highlighted part and then just delete the rest. (mostly because then I can link more images in a post.)

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Re: How to post photos from Flickr to DS.

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 pm

I go to the picture I want, select the Action pull down menu to select the size I want, and then do a "control + click" to get the pull down menu and select "copy image location". Then I past it into the Img link on the post. For people whose computers are NOT in the stone age, I believe it is a "right click".
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 pm

That also works too! Thanks for sharing an alternate way to share from Flickr. It just seems to be an often asked question so I figured I would try to help out. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby claywimmin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:06 am

I've tried this and it didn't work. Can't seem to post pictures no matter what I try - HELP?????
Bear with me while I think of something profound to put here...
claywimmin
i see dead dolliehs

Postby K2! » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 pm

claywimmin wrote:I've tried this and it didn't work. Can't seem to post pictures no matter what I try - HELP?????

What browser are you using?
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby claywimmin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 am

K2! wrote:
claywimmin wrote:I've tried this and it didn't work. Can't seem to post pictures no matter what I try - HELP?????

What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox.
Bear with me while I think of something profound to put here...
claywimmin
i see dead dolliehs

Postby K2! » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 pm

claywimmin wrote:I'm using Firefox.

Great!

I don't use Flickr so bear with my poor Flickr terminology. I'm going to reference AlmySidaKay's screen capture in the top of this thread.
Don't use the URL displayed at the top of the browser. That's location of the page the browser is displaying, not where the image is stored at Flickr.
Bring up the picture you want to post. Have Flickr display the image at the size you want to use, then right click on the picture. A pop up menu should appear and one of the selections will be Copy Image Location. Clicking on Copy Image Location will save the picture's URL to your clipboard. Don't use any Cut/Copy/Paste functions to keep the URL in the clipboard.
Bring up a new post (or PM or whatever). Then above the forum's post editing field, click on the IMG (image) button. The IMG tags should appear in the editing field with the cursor between them. Without moving the cursor right click and select Paste to place the URL in between the IMG tags.

For the example picture, the image location is http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6030/599 ... 97e75a.jpg, which is the URL that is copied to the clipboard. As you can see without the IMG tags the board software will recognize the URL as a link and display it as such. But with the IMG tags:

K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Chrystal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 am

Hi. I had to click on share then Grab the BBC Code then I copied and pasted the code into the message and deleted everything except the [img]...to [img] section and it worked.
Chrystal
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby KC12344325 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks! I was trying to figure out why the regular link wasn't working, haha!
Most of my dolls are scary, but don't worry! They wont bite.
Tumblr
Flickr
deviantART
KC12344325
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts