Go to footer

Slow loading

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Slow loading

Postby catshem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 am

So, I don't know if it's just me on the Fae Forest theme or the servers have problems loading sometimes, but I frequently experience the page to be very slow at loading. Anyone else experience this?
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Slow loading

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:42 am

catshem wrote:So, I don't know if it's just me on the Fae Forest theme or the servers have problems loading sometimes, but I frequently experience the page to be very slow at loading. Anyone else experience this?

It's everyone unfortunately. We have a bargain basement web host and unfortunately the price for that is periodic loading/access problems. Usually it doesn't last too long so hopefully we'll be back to normal in a while.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby catshem » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:05 pm

I sort of figured something like that, but I wanted to report it just in case this wasn't normal in some way. :)
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby pigeonweed » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 am

Greyhaunt wrote:
catshem wrote:So, I don't know if it's just me on the Fae Forest theme or the servers have problems loading sometimes, but I frequently experience the page to be very slow at loading. Anyone else experience this?

It's everyone unfortunately. We have a bargain basement web host and unfortunately the price for that is periodic loading/access problems. Usually it doesn't last too long so hopefully we'll be back to normal in a while.

I lurk these forums and I've been coming back more infrequently because of the slow loading or the website just not loading at all. It's really frustrating since I use a lot of the customizing tips found here as reference.

If you ever consider moving webhosts, try using fatcow. I've been using them for a few years now and have never had server issues. They're really cheap too!

I also revived this thread a bit because I'm still having the slow loading problem even after all these years.

And coincidentally as I wrote this post the webhost just cut me off... -_-
pigeonweed
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:21 am

Hmmmm ... it might be the Fae Forest theme?

I switched to that theme just a few days ago, after using a different theme for a few years. Now I'm also having the slow loading "page reset" issues.

Might be a koinkydink, but I might switch the theme again, just to see.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

I dunno, I've been having some issues too, but with other sites as well so I think it may be the net connection at work right now. At home I seem to have no problem. Mind you I'm on the default theme Dirty Board. I'd be curious to know if anyone else having slow problems are using a theme other than the default.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 am

I'm on the Fae Forest and the past couple of days it's been loading slowly, but so is Facebook so it might be because we just switched servers and perhaps Xfinity isn't really faster than Uverse! LOL!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby pigeonweed » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

I just switched themes per Stormlight's suggestion. I was using the default Dirty theme and swapped it for the default phpbb subsilver theme. It looks like there's some improvement. The pages load faster and the server isn't resetting on me.
pigeonweed
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 pm

I use the default theme and some times at night the site doesn't load or connect to the server. I have no troubles doing the day.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:37 pm

I've been using the prosilver one for twoish months now and overall I've had slightly faster loading times but recently I've had many error pages which if given enough time and a later reload will go away. It's frustrating but mostly just because I'm a DS junky and get irritated when I have to wait for a fix. :P
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts