Go to footer

Are we allowed to buy and sell in this forum?

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Are we allowed to buy and sell in this forum?

Postby SavantInamorata » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 am

Basically, is it ok to post something you're selling with a price? If not, are you allowed to post pictures of your creations and state that if anyone would like something similar to private message for prices, etc? Please let me know, thanks!

-Samantha
SavantInamorata
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Are we allowed to buy and sell in this forum?

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Samantha,

Please refer to #4 of the Forum Rules for your answer :) http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=658

Like many forums we've had to take steps to prevent people from coming here for no reason other than to sell their stuff to our members. I think our rules are much looser than many though :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby SavantInamorata » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Ok, thanks for the link. I looked it over. I hate to bug you guys with easily answered questions, but sometimes it's just hard to know for an exact situation. Like, if you make something nice, and share it, but also add like, "If you're interested in one too, contact me," is that considered spamming or breaking the rules? I'm still learning to navigate around the site too, so thanks again for your patience.

-Samantha
SavantInamorata
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

SavantInamorata wrote:Ok, thanks for the link. I looked it over. I hate to bug you guys with easily answered questions, but sometimes it's just hard to know for an exact situation. Like, if you make something nice, and share it, but also add like, "If you're interested in one too, contact me," is that considered spamming or breaking the rules? I'm still learning to navigate around the site too, so thanks again for your patience.

-Samantha

It would be circumventing the rules - but I wouldn't encourage it. Participate in the group and allow people to get to know you before you start offering up services. If someone sees something you post that you made and asks you about making one for them, that's different - but otherwise it just sort of looks like you've joined only to make money off of people. We've had that happen several times and it's very discouraging when it is a small group like this and what we are here for is to share our love of dolls. There are much bigger forums out there to make money off of.
Greyhaunt

Postby SavantInamorata » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

All righty, no problem. I didn't join to bug you guys, just wanted to understand fully what's ok and what's not ok as I become more involved here. Thanks for clearing it up for me. =)
SavantInamorata
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:28 pm

SavantInamorata wrote:All righty, no problem. I didn't join to bug you guys, just wanted to understand fully what's ok and what's not ok as I become more involved here. Thanks for clearing it up for me. =)

No problem :) Answering questions is part of what I do around here and I don't mind at all.

Enjoy the forum!
Greyhaunt

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts