Go to footer

Changing your username?

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Changing your username?

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Are there any rules about changing your username? Like: do I have to make an official annoucement somewhere or do I just go ahead and do it? (I don't hang out on a lot of forums so I don't know if there are widely accepted unwritten rules.)
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Changing your username?

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Well... I don't know about your first question, but... you do know you can't change your username yourself? ;) Greyhaunt will have to do it for you if I'm not mistaken.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Evelien wrote:Well... I don't know about your first question, but... you do know you can't change your username yourself? ;) Greyhaunt will have to do it for you if I'm not mistaken.

It looks like you can actually do it yourself under the Profile settings, that's why I asked. If everyone starts changing their names all the time things would get confusing fast. :D I haven't tried it yet, maybe it needs to be approved first or something?
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

Anderson'sAllPurpose

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Wut... I can't change my username, that's for sure. Do you have some awesome mod powers? :P I'd love to see a screencap of your profile editor...
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Go to User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit account settings and there should be a field for username along with e-mail address and password. I haven't tried to actually change it yet though...

Maybe new members get a grace period or something? :D Anyway, I'll wait to see what the mods say.
- my diary, c. 1991

Anderson'sAllPurpose

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:25 pm

I know where to change my username if phpBB permits it, but here it's not permitted. At least, not to me:

I don't know about the newbie grace period, perhaps that's it :)
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Huh, here's what mine looks like:

Maybe I should stop posting until a mod can explain this so I don't lose my purple newbie name changing powers. :D
- my diary, c. 1991

Anderson'sAllPurpose

Postby K2! » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Evelien wrote:I know where to change my username if phpBB permits it, but here it's not permitted. At least, not to me

I though it might possibly have something to do with the board style you were using but that's not the case. As for the Newbie Grace Period you mentioned, I can still edit my name at 1160 posts. It might have something to do with your extremely advanced post count.
Or perhaps the phpbb just likes you to stay Evelien.
We'll look into it if you are interested in editing your name, however I wouldn't recommend it since we've all come to know and love you as Evelien.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 pm

I already checked if it had anything to do with the style of my choice, which it didn't. I didn't think it would, but I just wanted to check to be sure. But... you do realize you can change your username because of your rank here..? So you checking really isn't clarifying anything..? ;)

I don't think I have ever been able to change my name here. I wouldn't want to, but the neurotic being that I am is now very disturbed by the fact that apparently she's the only one who can't?! :lol:

If anyone else could please confirm that it's not just me, that would be great. I'll hand out cookies.
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I can't change my username either. Not that I would. OkamiKodomo has been my handle for way too long. Not just here but everywhere.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts