Go to footer

New sections

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

New sections

Postby Loivissaxxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 am

Here's my suggestions for some new sections:
A props and acessories section for all props, wigs shoes etc in all scales pretty much everything for dolls expect dolls themselves and clothing.
A craft section for any doll stuff that's handmade
Loivissaxxx

Re: New sections

Postby Evelien » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 am

You mean in the sales department? I'm not a mod and I don't want to sound like one, but I personally really don't think we need such forums..? We're a small clan and dividing what we already have into even more subsections it would look unnecessary big.
I personally think we're too small too have such subforums... why do you think it's necessary? We would probably get forums with like two threads in them. But I see you're rather new to this forum, so if you'll post a bit more and look around our forums and get to know us you'll see what I mean ^^
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Loivissaxxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 am

Evelien wrote:You mean in the sales department? I'm not a mod and I don't want to sound like one, but I personally really don't think we need such forums..? We're a small clan and dividing what we already have into even more subsections it would look unnecessary big.
I personally think we're too small too have such subforums... why do you think it's necessary? We would probably get forums with like two threads in them. But I see you're rather new to this forum, so if you'll post a bit more and look around our forums and get to know us you'll see what I mean ^^

I've already looked around enough this site isn't that organized and hard to find things. Also I mean in the normal section not the sales stuff. Looking through so many pages of a certin scale to find the odd scattered acessories post or craft post is annoying.
Loivissaxxx

Postby Evelien » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:54 am

We have crafting sections, several actually. Custom creations for dolls and Fashionista revolution for handmade clothes and accessories.

The prop threads are posted in the correct scale's discussion forums. I'm always able to find the prop threads in a jiffy but then again I come here everyday so I pretty much read everything that's being posted. I don't think I've ever seen a separate subforum on any doll forum for doll props...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 am

Thought 1 - It's always good to get a different prospective of things by someone new to keep things up-to-date and fresh.

Thought 2 - It's rarely a good thing to come into a forum as a brand new member and start espousing the need to add all sorts of new sub-forums without finding out if anyone else would be interested first. And it's never a good thing to tell said forum members that their forum is unorganized and difficult. That tends to put people off - they become protective and begin to rally around the wagon, so to speak.

If you have new ideas to add or change the forum, there is a way to suggest them. If you are interested in a particular subject but can't find anything on it, first ask if it's available as or within a sub-forum. Then, if it isn't, by all means ask if the mods would consider it - providing there's enough interest from other members.

We are a close knit group here. Most of us share the same general interest in dolls and toys that can't be found elsewhere. We cater to people who want a "community of friends" feeling instead of a place that just houses and decimates cumbersome information. That's just who we are as a group and hope that you feel at home among friends here.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dirili » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am

Pretty much Kirah and Eve said it all.

I've been here a few months now and haven't had any trouble at all navigating or finding things I'm looking for. This isn't a crazy busy forum that excessive sorting or micro-management. Some of the categories as is don't get much action.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Loivissaxxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Evelien wrote:We have crafting sections, several actually. Custom creations for dolls and Fashionista revolution for handmade clothes and accessories.

The prop threads are posted in the correct scale's discussion forums. I'm always able to find the prop threads in a jiffy but then again I come here everyday so I pretty much read everything that's being posted. I don't think I've ever seen a separate subforum on any doll forum for doll props...

Exactly only dolls and clothes are covered nothing else
Loivissaxxx

Postby Loivissaxxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Thought 1 - It's always good to get a different prospective of things by someone new to keep things up-to-date and fresh.

Thought 2 - It's rarely a good thing to come into a forum as a brand new member and start espousing the need to add all sorts of new sub-forums without finding out if anyone else would be interested first. And it's never a good thing to tell said forum members that their forum is unorganized and difficult. That tends to put people off - they become protective and begin to rally around the wagon, so to speak.

If you have new ideas to add or change the forum, there is a way to suggest them. If you are interested in a particular subject but can't find anything on it, first ask if it's available as or within a sub-forum. Then, if it isn't, by all means ask if the mods would consider it - providing there's enough interest from other members.

We are a close knit group here. Most of us share the same general interest in dolls and toys that can't be found elsewhere. We cater to people who want a "community of friends" feeling instead of a place that just houses and decimates cumbersome information. That's just who we are as a group and hope that you feel at home among friends here.

I get what you are attempting to say but it's just so hard to navigate through pages of stuff to find certin things
Loivissaxxx

Postby Loivissaxxx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Evelien wrote:You mean in the sales department? I'm not a mod and I don't want to sound like one, but I personally really don't think we need such forums..? We're a small clan and dividing what we already have into even more subsections it would look unnecessary big.

Also this is kind of hypocritical since you've suggested sub forms before.m
Loivissaxxx

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Loivissaxxx wrote:

Also this is kind of hypocritical since you've suggested sub forms before.m

There are sub-forums and then there are sub-forums. Just because one person thinks we should have more doesn't mean the rest of the group does.

It's all in the delivery - and the desire of the group. Instead of saying things like "here's my suggestions" without first asking if anyone besides you are interested in them, "the site isn't that organized" when we haven't had issues with the layout before, and telling another member they are "kind of hypocritical" because they *asked* the mods about adding other sub-forums isn't generally the way to score brownie points.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts