Go to footer

Abbreviations

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Abbreviations

Postby Raven132 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Is there a list of abbreviations somewhere? I am a super noob and get lost sometimes having to search with google and come back :?
Raven132
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Abbreviations

Postby Nella » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Which sort of abbreviations are causing you trouble? I know it can get very confusing when you're new.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby K2! » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Raven132 wrote:Is there a list of abbreviations somewhere? I am a super noob and get lost sometimes having to search with google and come back :?

There might be one somewhere, but I don't know of one on the site. I've been doing this doll stuff for about five years and I still have to ask about some of the various abbreviations used here. One of the problems is that the abbreviations you see here run a broad spectrum of topics from doll manufacturers, doll models, toy names, internet slang, texting slang, and the list goes on. Another problem is people are constantly inventing new abbreviations. You might be able to find an abbreviation listing on someone's private web site but there is no definitive authority for this subject. Don't get discouraged, there will always be new stuff to learn.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Nella » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm

There's a pretty long list of abbreviations that covers BJDs here: http://www.denofangels.com/doawiki/inde ... reviations
The market terms such as MIB are used more frequently in the general doll collecting community.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SoapBubbles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Nella wrote:There's a pretty long list of abbreviations that covers BJDs here: http://www.denofangels.com/doawiki/inde ... reviations
The market terms such as MIB are used more frequently in the general doll collecting community.

That's definitely the best list of abbreviations to look at. :D If there are any other abbreviations you ever need to look up that you can't find in the list, try typing it up in the search bar (from Nella's link).
~**~ My Family of 3: Niel (BF TF/MNF Hybrid), Eira (Soom LG), & Mare (Soom TG). ~**~
SoapBubbles
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Raven132 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am

Nella wrote:There's a pretty long list of abbreviations that covers BJDs here: http://www.denofangels.com/doawiki/inde ... reviations

Thank you so much! By the way, you have no idea how much confusion the abbreviation DOA caused to my poor little brain. I knew it couldn't be dead on arrival, that would just be morbid and not make sense!
Raven132
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Nella » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm glad the link was helpful! :) Yeah, DOA was a strange one to get used to writing, since it also stands for Dead On Arrival and Dead Or Alive, a videogame.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts