Go to footer

Should I make a new post or use my old?

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Should I make a new post or use my old?

Postby Cajsa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:10 am

Some days ago I created a new thread in the fashionista section for photos of clothes I've sewn. Now I have more to show, and I will probably have new ones quite often. So should I use my old thread or create a new one every time? If I should use my old, should I post the new photos in a comment, that way they will be on the third page now, or should I edit the first post?

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7966
Cajsa
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Should I make a new post or use my old?

Postby K2! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 am

Cajsa wrote:Some days ago I created a new thread in the fashionista section for photos of clothes I've sewn. Now I have more to show, and I will probably have new ones quite often. So should I use my old thread or create a new one every time? If I should use my old, should I post the new photos in a comment, that way they will be on the third page now, or should I edit the first post?

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7966

That's kind of up to you. If you wish to maintain some continuity with your other creations, then sure, make a new post to your original thread. If you do that, you might want to go back and edit the title of your original post to say something like, "New Fashions Added for March 2013" or something like that. If you just go and edit the pictures into your original post, it won't show up to other users as a new post. But if you "reply" to your post it will show up as a "new" post added to the thread.

Or you can just start another thread all together. Your choice really.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Cajsa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 am

Ok, thanks for the reply ^^
Cajsa

Postby Evelien » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am

No tight@$$es here which is nice ^^

Can I say tight@$$es? :X
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Cajsa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 am

That's what I like about this forum ^^ It's not all about "do this" and "don't do this" and "everything must be like THIS or else it's wrong".
Cajsa

Postby Evelien » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 am

And still, it's not total anarchy here! Isn't it awesome? We can handle the freedom.
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Cajsa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 am

Evelien wrote:And still, it's not total anarchy here! Isn't it awesome? We can handle the freedom.

That's true! :lol:

I used to hang in junkyspot's forum some years ago. I think this forum has sort of the same spirit... or feeling... or whatever.
Cajsa

Postby Evelien » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am

Lots of people from there also post here... and vice versa :P
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 am

Actually, this forum used to be RUN by Junkyspot! A long time ago it was called Dollfie Dreamland, then various things happened, it got hacked, the domain name expired, etc...etc... and since Emory was very busy with Junkyspot I went ahead and started up the Sanctuary as a replacement for the Dreamland. Took the load off of his back :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Cajsa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Ooh, now I see! :D I thought this name was familiar! I remember dollfie dreamland, I had an account there. And I remember it changing name. I got inactive in this hobby 2007 because I got married and we had to move a lot. Since a few years back I have been active again but only in swedish forums. I'm so happy I found this forum again! ^^
Cajsa

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts