Go to footer

Posting photos?

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Posting photos?

Postby Fallen-AngelGirl » Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm

This is probably (surely -.-) me being technologically impaired, but how do you post photos? When I click "insert image" i get this -> [img][img]
I don't know what it means or what to do from there. Could someone please help me? It would be much appreciated.
Fallen-AngelGirl
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Posting photos?

Postby Linteia » Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 pm

That's the BBCode. To post the image, just put the image host link between the brackets. Like this:

[img]www.ikeepmyphotoshere.com/cooldollies.jpg[/img]

Then when you submit your picture will be in your post.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 am

.. and if you haven't already, find a place to host your pictures. You can't post pictures straight from your computer. I like http://imgur.com for example :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby MelodyT » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:07 am

Hi. Can anyone please tell me how to post my pics here from Flickr. I've tried numerous things to no avail :cry:
Many say that adults shouldn't play with dolls... then let me be a child at heart forever more!
MelodyT
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 am

Flickr has become a bit more "artsy" than user friendly lately. Scroll your cursor over the More Ways to Share icon (the arrow coming out of a box) and click on it. Then you would Grab the HTML/BBC code. This is where it becomes less user friendly. You have to copy and paste the entire string even though all you need is the and the info between them. I always just delete all the rest of it to avoid clutter.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby MelodyT » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:41 am

Kirahfaye wrote:Flickr has become a bit more "artsy" than user friendly lately. Scroll your cursor over the More Ways to Share icon (the arrow coming out of a box) and click on it. Then you would Grab the HTML/BBC code. This is where it becomes less user friendly. You have to copy and paste the entire string even though all you need is the and the info between them. I always just delete all the rest of it to avoid clutter.

Thanks so much! Must say, I did try that and it didn't work. Is that because I put the code between the IMG tag? Anyway, let me try it without and see what happens...

Ok, I've tried several ways. No go. Even deleted the excess... I can't seem to get it to work :cry:
Many say that adults shouldn't play with dolls... then let me be a child at heart forever more!
MelodyT

Postby K2! » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:08 am

I don't use flickr so I can't speak for the intricacies of that site, but yes, you put the image location (not the address of the page it displays on) in between the [img] tags.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby MelodyT » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 am

K2! wrote:I don't use flickr so I can't speak for the intricacies of that site, but yes, you put the image location (not the address of the page it displays on) in between the [img] tags.

Tried that... it didn't work :cry: I'm looking for other photo sharing sites now. Thanks anyway K2. Appreciate you taking the time to answer. :)
MelodyT

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

MelodyT wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote:Flickr has become a bit more "artsy" than user friendly lately. Scroll your cursor over the More Ways to Share icon (the arrow coming out of a box) and click on it. Then you would Grab the HTML/BBC code. This is where it becomes less user friendly. You have to copy and paste the entire string even though all you need is the and the info between them. I always just delete all the rest of it to avoid clutter.

Thanks so much! Must say, I did try that and it didn't work. Is that because I put the code between the IMG tag? Anyway, let me try it without and see what happens...

Ok, I've tried several ways. No go. Even deleted the excess... I can't seem to get it to work :cry:

You need to put the URL in as follows, without the spaces:

[ img ] url [ / img ]

eg this, without any of the space
[ img ] https:// farm5.staticflickr.com/4026/4664166349_cb195b1386_n .jpg [ /img ]
Gives you this

ETA: Photobucket is easier to grab the picture URLs from. It's not as nice looking as Flickr, but if you want somewhere to dump pics to share on forums, it works well.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby MelodyT » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 am

I tried that and it still wouldn't work. Anyway, I've deleted my flickr account. I'll use my own website. Should have thought of that in the first place. :roll: Thanks for the input though. Greatly appreciated! :)
MelodyT

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts