Go to footer

Hi from Washington, DC!

Tell the world who you are!

Hi from Washington, DC!

Postby olmmm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 am

Hello! I've been lurking on here for a few months, but wanted to finally say hello. :)

I've collected BJDs of all sizes since 2011, but lost a husband and a job last year so have downscaled a bit on the dolly department. I did discover I LOVED 1/6 scale guys and girls though so have been exploring the awesome world of Blythe, Momoko, Licca, and Obitsus. I've just recently gotten my first Obitsus and am having a blast with them. I'm rooting two boy heads, have a few more heads that I am doing face-ups on, and am learning to sew 1/6 style clothing.

If anyone here is in the NOVA/DC/ or MD area and wants to meet up lemme know! I still go to BJD meets because I love the folks in my local groups, but I think most are a little puzzled by my newfound love of vinyl and ABS, lol. ;)
olmmm
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hi from Washington, DC!

Postby Linsilee » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear about your lost. I am really into the 1/6 scale Obitsu myself, but do have a couple of the larger ones and hope to get a few more in the future. We are not that far from each other as I live in MD, Eastern Shore. Do you go to any doll meets in the area? I think there is one that does meet in DC, but I haven't gone to that one so don't know anything about it.
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby Nella » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary! My condolences for your loss.
Wow, you've got a lot of different dolls. :D I also have a mix of sizes and both BJDs and 1/6 dolls.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby olmmm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh no! :oops: I realized my OP made it sound like my husband was dead. He is very much alive, just a big jerk. He walked out on me after 15 years without warning, leaving me with two cats, an apartment, and a car to pay for all by myself. Thank you for the sympathy anyway, guys!

Linsilee, yay, a fellow DC-area person! We have a few doll meet ups in the area actually, the ones I go to most are the Teaism BJD group and the NOVA BJD Lovers. I also make it out to the Arundel Mills BJD Group once in a blue moon. Not many of the people in the groups have much interest in non-resin, though, so let me know if you hear of any other doll-type meets about. :)

Nella, thank you! It is cool to meet another person that has a big dolly-mix! Life is too short to be exclusive, right!
olmmm
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Linsilee » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:13 pm

HEHE, yeah, that is what I thought when you first said that. Still sorry that he did that to you, but it is his lost. Hopefully things will start to get better for you and I hope you are able to find a job soon if you haven't already. I PMed about the group I'm in. :)
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am

Welcome :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Welcome to the forum =^.^=
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:39 am

Welcome to the board.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions