Go to footer

Ahem. Ello folks.

Tell the world who you are!

Ahem. Ello folks.

Postby voodoolie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm not so talented in the art of fancy introductions... I tend to be the creepy antisocial chick sitting outside the bar on the steps smoking a cigarette wearing a "Please don't talk to me" face unintentionally. I suffer from resting bitch face, I think.

So... Voodoolie. Loves dolls. Been creepin' your board for weeks.

I've always loved dolls. Used to be hardcore in the BJDs. Had 3 of my own (Elfdoll Soah, Elfdoll Special K, and a Souldoll boy who's exact model name has escaped me) along with a handful of Pullips, a few customized. That was 7 long years ago. The resin beauties were sold off one by one. The rest handed over to my sister who could actually provide the time they deserved to be loved and admired. I miss them all dearly, but "moved on".

Weeeellll.... then I had two baby girls. They got into dolls. I found myself getting ridiculously excited when I took them down the doll isle. I've bought them dolls just because I thought they were adorable and needed them to be in my house :lol: I mean, Monster High?! And the little aliens - Navi Stars? Anyway, point is, my girls dragged me headfirst back into my love of dolls.

I used to be a regular on Den of Angels and I loved that board to bits. Posted there for years. I was disappointed to see it's membership is invitation only now, as I know I used to could buy dolly bits and bobs secondhand for crazy cheap on their marketplace and was hoping to do the same now. But I ran across this board and I love that raves about all dolls can be posted here.

I'm starting back small with vinyl dolls right now. This go round, I'm actually going to try my hand at customization. I've started on my very first faceup on a La Dee Da doll my girls retired due to her body is too limp to play properly. So we'll see how that goes I guess.

That ended up being the longest intro ever huh? My bad. Anyways, nice to meet you guys!

PS, I love this emote :ugeek: Dude totally looks like my fiance :lol:
"You", he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain."
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Ahem. Ello folks.

Postby Nella » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Linsilee » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading more of your post, so do try to post a bit here and there between your lurking. *smiles*
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Welcome :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby voodoolie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Haha I'll try to peek out from my lurking place every now and then ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys
"You", he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain."
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions