Go to footer

Hello Doll Lovers!

Tell the world who you are!

Hello Doll Lovers!

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 am

Hi everyone! I'm Korianne and I'm new to the boards!

I recently found this forum through someone's tumblr reblog regarding dolls another person had for sale here and was pleasantly surprised to find a doll forum that features MANY dolls! I've been trying to hone in on the collections I want to continue with seeing what other people collect helps me in two ways. 1) shows me ways I could get myself back into a certain collection more, and feel passionate about those dolls, that have been neglected, again. 2) lets me live vicariously through all of you who collect dolls I wish i had the room/money/time for.

I have that sort of problem where I've collected every doll I was able to get my hands on. lol. But I'll rattle off a little list for you. Currently my biggest collection is American Girl Dolls, I'm a seamstress and I have found those are the easiest dolls for me to sew for/find patterns for so I think that's why I've liked collecting them so much. My next biggest collection is Barbie style dolls and her friends and family, but my biggest problem is I know ALMOST NOTHING ABOUT THEM. I know I prefer dolls with posability, except my vintage Skippers, but I don't really know much about the dolls except occationally being able to identify a doll from my childhood (late 80s dolls and all through the 90s and 2000s, yeah I never stopped playing with dolls) or from the current doll market. I also have or have had in the past Sasha dolls, My Twinn dolls, a vintage Madame Alexander Cissy doll, My Friend dolls by Fisher Price, Baby Face dolls, Disney Princess Toddlers, BFC Ink dolls, Karito Kids dolls, Gotz dolls, Zapf dolls, Bitty Babies, Lee Middleton, LalaLoopsie dolls, Monster High Dolls, Liv dolls (although mostly to steal their wigs and bodies, those heads man... not for me), Flatsy, Dolly Surprise, Wee 3 Friends. Oi the list goes on and on, and I know I'm forgetting some. I haven't branched into BJDs yet, a bit out of my price range. But I went to a doll show last year and fell in love with one. Let's hope there's a similar one out there by the time I can afford them/know more what I'm doing with them.

Anyway I have collected a lot of dolls! lol so a forum where I can talk about all of them and maybe find out some information I didn't know really peaked my interests! Do any of you have doll collections in common with me? I'd love to hear from you!

When I'm not dolling around I like to sew (for dolls and for me and recently for my new nephew that will be arriving in November), listen to audiobooks, binge-watch on Netflix, take photographs (yes, mostly of my dolls. lol), bake, watch broadway musicals, craft, thrift, eat at diners and just in general do a lot of suzy homemaker things you wouldn't probably expect out of a 25 year old. I am trained in graphic design and do freelance work and also work as a nanny (currently trying to find a new family as my most recent one relocated). I live in St. Louis, Missouri with my mom, sister and 3 cats, Karson, Kipper and Kokomo. I think that about sums it up!

If you want to find me on the interwebs doing other doll related things I can be found at the following, but currently I'm most active on instagram:

Instagram - http://instagram.com/astoriaavenueapparel (doll) http://instagram.com/koriannewey (personal)

Blog- http://mintydolls.blogspot.com/

Tumblr - http://astoriaavenueapparel.tumblr.com/

Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/koriwey/

Storenvy - http://astoriaavenueapparel.storenvy.com

I also have an AGPT account if anyone has one of those, feel free to message me i'm astoriaavenueapparel/koratheexplora.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Hello Doll Lovers!

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:53 am

Welcome :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Linsilee » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 am

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading more posts from you. *smiles*
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:18 am

Welcome to the board
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Nella » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:37 am

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary! It's always nice to see collections with such diverse collections. :)
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:20 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome! I love your Makies!
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Nella wrote:Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary! It's always nice to see collections with such diverse collections. :)

AH! I went to your flickr page! you have a my friend Jenny!
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Nella » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm

koratheexplora wrote:
Nella wrote:Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary! It's always nice to see collections with such diverse collections. :)

Actually, Jenny belongs to my Grandma, but she let me take pictures a few years ago. :) I love her friendly face.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby koratheexplora » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Nella wrote:
koratheexplora wrote:

Actually, Jenny belongs to my Grandma, but she let me take pictures a few years ago. :) I love her friendly face.

I just recently sold my Jenny but she's always been my favorite of the My Friend dolls.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:59 am

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions