Go to footer

Hello from West Virginia!

Tell the world who you are!

Hello from West Virginia!

Postby splashez » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:49 am

Hello, my name is Heather and I'm from West Virginia! I am thrilled to find and be a part of a doll forum where all of my dolls are welcome and not 'off topic' for one reason or another!

I have been a fan of Pullip dolls and other members of her extended family since late 2007, so it comes as no surprise that my doll family is mostly comprised of them; however, over the past several months I have been drifting more towards looking at photos of strung ball-jointed dolls and researching them. I am captivated and intrigued by their aesthetics and intricate design. For years I have wanted a strung ball-jointed doll, but never thought that I would ever actually be able to afford one. Then in early October of this year, I received my first strung ball-jointed doll, an adorable Ai Leucoryne, and the moment I gently lifted her out of her box and held her, I knew I was hooked!

Since then I have purchased and received my first MSD strung ball-jointed doll, a handsome Hujoo Leo (Full Set), thanks to the Junky Spot's Black Friday sale! I love my new little man and am currently in the process of spoiling him! :D

Thank you very much for allowing me to be a part of your wonderful community!
splashez
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hello from West Virginia!

Postby Nella » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby splashez » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Nella wrote:Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)
splashez
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Welcome!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 am

*attention pulled away from current experiments for the moment* Oh, hi! Someone else in West Virginia.

And, yes, I like the whole 'not off topic' thing myself, given that my particular niche is 1/6 scale and poseable. Barbie Fashionista, Liv, Phicen, Dragon, Sideshow, Obitsu... And one Tonner Antionette Cameo who insists she's really 1/6 scale and a giantess. XD
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby splashez » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Welcome!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

WhiteDove01s wrote:*attention pulled away from current experiments for the moment* Oh, hi! Someone else in West Virginia.

And, yes, I like the whole 'not off topic' thing myself, given that my particular niche is 1/6 scale and poseable. Barbie Fashionista, Liv, Phicen, Dragon, Sideshow, Obitsu... And one Tonner Antionette Cameo who insists she's really 1/6 scale and a giantess. XD

Oh my gosh! *hugs* Another doll enthusiast in West Virginia? :o I thought I was the only one! It is so nice to meet you!

Yupper, I am also partial to the 1/6 scale since they have so many clothing options and Rement sets! My 1/6 scale guys and gals are patiently sitting or standing in the computer room or bedroom while I focus most of my attention on my new MSD boy. I need to get off of my lazy bum and redress a few of them though.

Your lovely Tonner Antionette Cameo can do whatever she wants and I won't try to question her, because she's a giantess and that's cool 8-)
splashez
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:22 pm

splashez wrote:Oh my gosh! *hugs* Another doll enthusiast in West Virginia? :o I thought I was the only one! It is so nice to meet you!

I was under a similar misconception, so, likewise!

I'd semi-agree on the 1/6 clothes. It's easy to find them, but not always that easy to find an exact fit - example being what happens when you try to put an old twist-waist barbie dress on a newer fashionista or other 'bellybutton' barbie. And the action figure sorts? Good luck squeezing Barbie clothes on that! Both Phicen and Cy-Girl look nicely full-figured next to a scrawny Barbie. XD

I'm finding a surprising range of body sizes as I fill out my collection, tho I'm actually doing that intentionally. I'm hoping to eventually try making a good range of clothing for 1/6 scale, and want to make sure I have as many body sizes as reasonably possible covered. I just got an Obitsu regular male in the post today, adding yet one more set of measurements to my collection. :)

My 'Playscale Theater' group are partly on one side of my desk at the moment, and partly on one of the new bookcases I recently got mostly for them (bottom two shelves reserved for books XD). Unfortunately, there's been some order screw-up and the second of the pair of bookcases I ordered still hasn't arrived.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby splashez » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 am

WhiteDove01s wrote:I'd semi-agree on the 1/6 clothes. It's easy to find them, but not always that easy to find an exact fit - example being what happens when you try to put an old twist-waist barbie dress on a newer fashionista or other 'bellybutton' barbie. And the action figure sorts? Good luck squeezing Barbie clothes on that! Both Phicen and Cy-Girl look nicely full-figured next to a scrawny Barbie. XD

I'm finding a surprising range of body sizes as I fill out my collection, tho I'm actually doing that intentionally. I'm hoping to eventually try making a good range of clothing for 1/6 scale, and want to make sure I have as many body sizes as reasonably possible covered. I just got an Obitsu regular male in the post today, adding yet one more set of measurements to my collection. :)

My 'Playscale Theater' group are partly on one side of my desk at the moment, and partly on one of the new bookcases I recently got mostly for them (bottom two shelves reserved for books XD). Unfortunately, there's been some order screw-up and the second of the pair of bookcases I ordered still hasn't arrived.

I have only worked with 27cm Obitsu female hard bust bodies, a 28cm Obitsu slim male body, Obitsu 23cm female bodies, Taeyang bodies, Isul bodies, Dal bodies, and Pullip type 3 and type 4 bodies and thankfully most of those bodies can usually wear clothes from Barbie, Ken, Blythe, Skipper, Azone, and the like, so finding clothing that fits those bodies is kinda easy. I have the most trouble finding clothes that fit my Taeyang stock bodies as they're slightly larger than an average Ken doll. I have not yet tried 1/6 scale action figure type clothing on the Taeyang bodies, but it would be worth looking in to. :) Depending on the type of body the clothes will be skin tight, fit perfectly, or are fairly baggy, but I don't care as long as the clothes are nice and I can fasten the closures on them. ;)

Phicen and Cy-Girl would make Pullip stock bodies look like toothpick twigs. :lol:

I hope the second bookcase arrives safely to you. Every time I order anything online I'm always worried that the package will get lost or badly damaged in transit. :(
splashez
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 pm

splashez wrote:I have not yet tried 1/6 scale action figure type clothing on the Taeyang bodies, but it would be worth looking in to. :)

It certainly would! In my experience so far, action figure types tend to be just a little bulkier than Ken-scale, but sometimes also a smidge shorter... but depending on the clothes item that can still work out. I'm still building on the Obitsu part of my collection (they have SO MANY variations!), but so far my collection includes:

Barbie - I had an old pile of very played with and stained twist-waist barbies (and a couple Kens, and a Skipper, and a Kevin (I think, the Skipper sized male), and even a couple of the babies) found in the back storage room here. They've mostly been used as a source of heads for more poseable bodies, or designated as sewing models. One of my named girls (Alya) has a Barbie Fashionista body with a head from an older Barbie. I also have four more female Fashionsta bodies in different skin tones, because I kept grabbing them when they had them at a Family Dollar for $8-10 depending on sales. And a single male Fashionista I bought primarily to use the body for a sewing model and the head ended up being used for Spider (on a Liv body, see below)...

BBC/Worldwide Limited - Another of my named girls (Magic) used to be a 1/6 scale fig that was a Dr. Who chara (I only watched it as a kid, so I don't really know who this was except that she's a very nicely done AA female that had apparently had a hack-job to sculpted hair. I'm plotting wig-making and am still tweeking her faceup and pondering how to conceal/repair an odd/problematic area on her forehead). She's a bit shorter than most of the others, and very nicely poseable, but Barbie clothes always tend to run baggy on her.

BBI/Blue Box - Blue Box male (Sirius) currently waiting on neck piece and head. I've managed to get Ken pants on him. I think they also make Cy-Girl... I have one of those so far (Angela). Barbie clothes tend to be too small for her, but Ken clothes or those for Liv male fit so far.

Liv - Two of my named girls (Hermione and Denia) have Liv bodies, and one of the guys (Spider), plus I still have one 'spare' Liv in my pile of bodies to ooak. In the cases of the named ones I've popped the original heads off in favor of kitbashing Barbie heads on instead. (Denia is actually the little old lady of the bunch, thanks to some fun with a dremel...). I love the poseability on these when I can get my hands on them. Shame they're not being made any more...

Obitsu - Just got one of the regular males (for Regulus), waiting on head and will have to do faceup and all that stuff. Also have a slim male (Dynamo), and am planning on others eventually so I'll have one body with each variation on the extender pieces around when I want to sew, without having to fiddle with bits. I have one 27cm soft bust female (Rydia), but by the time I decided who she was going to be I managed to misplace the right neck peg, so her head's kind of sitting there waiting. XD It'll turn up soon... I also have a 21cm male that remains nameless/'unclaimed' at this time.

Phicen - I picked up a secondhand Phicen Seamless here that I initially thought I'd be using for Rydia, only to have it claimed by Ruby instead... and having Rydia surprise me and claim an obitsu I had laying around instead. I finally have a head on that one, and feet, and will be looking into rooting hair soon.

Volks - I have a 21cm volks I got secondhand, nice tan color and unusually large breasted for someone that tiny. As yet unclaimed/unnamed.

And then there's Toni the Giantess, as I mentioned. And a jointed barbie pony that I'm plotting to flock. And a scattering of 1/6 scale Star Wars figures.

Oh, by the by, I'm Stacy... tho I more commonly just get called 'The Mad Scientist'. Possibly because of tendency to ooak every doll I actually plan to keep, among other experiments. :) ... or maybe it's my tendency to ramble inanely about my projects...
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby splashez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am

It has been a pleasure to meet you, Stacy (a.k.a. 'The Mad Scientist')! :D You have quite an impressive spread of 1/6 scale dolliehs! :o Also, thank you so much for the wonderful idea of using action figure type clothing for my Taeyang dolls! I shall definitely give it a try! :)
splashez
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions