Go to footer

Doll Newbie! <3

Tell the world who you are!

Doll Newbie! <3

Postby Plague » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello there! I have my first doll coming soon, being made by Hujoo. He will be a blue-skinned Jake model (as far as I know, the only one of his kind in blue. O.o) I have a total of about 9 characters I'm going to be doing with Hujoo Jake's, and one halfling character that I'll use one of their baby models for. >w< I can't wait, it's going to be awesome. (Naturally I can't post, at all, on DoA. I recently got into there, but I learned I can't post any because they're all ABS +1 baby. I needed a forum I was able to talk to people on.)

He's still being made, at the moment. I ordered him through Angelesque way back in December, but he is in "Hujoo Processing," so he shouldn't be too much longer now. Sorry I have no pics as of yet. I'm excited to get started in body blushing and face-ups. I'm really really new to this whole hobby in owning dolls, but I've researched up and down for about 3 years with customization, cleaning, and all sorts of stuff right down to of course exploring sites. Hujoo is really all I can afford, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I love the Jake body!

How about you guys? :D
Plague
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Doll Newbie! <3

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi! I'm usually called the Mad Scientist, because I tend to experiment on things and this extends to my dolls. I also can't post on places like DoA, because my collection leans a lot more towards inexpensive vinyl with no strings (Barbie, Obitsu, Liv, a Volks, a single Phicen...). Mine tend to get OOAKed a lot until they look just the way I want them to. Heads get swapped around, Barbies get surgically de-grinned, paints are usually involved... sometimes caulk and a dremel too! I also like to sew for my dolls, and am slowly working on a collection of patterns of my own making to fit the wide range of bodies I like to have around to sew for. XD
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Plague » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Wow, you do a lot of modding? I tried doing Monster High's a while ago, but I got hung up trying to do gloves for their ridiculously tiny hands in order to do my jester character... I left off of it after that. >_> I also couldn't get his body to be blue. I didn't acetone the first layer of sealant off well enough and it came out spotty and ruined it. Whoops. D:

I plan to make another blue Jake Hujoo later into a female, and plan to sculpt breasts and then repaint them blue to match. I have to figure out how to get it the proper color, and then that's it for modding. XD I don't think the other dolls I have planned need much more than the occasional pointed ears.

Oooh, clothes! My friend has had a doll for a while now and just recently got another one, and she's stoked that I'm finally getting my own. ^^; She wants to hang out one day and make clothes all day long. I have no sewing machine, I like doing stuff by hand so I'm slower, but I can't wait till he arrives so I can call her and we can have a "doll party."
Plague
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Plague wrote:Wow, you do a lot of modding?

I just can't resist tweeking things until the doll looks just right. More than half of the barbie heads that get in my grabbing range get a de-smiling procedure that involves an exacto-knife and superglue. Or a variant that involves caulk. I've even taken a dremel and all purpose caulk to one Barbie head as part of a still in-progress project to make a little old lady. XD

I'm still kind of new to things myself, so there are a lot of projects I have planned that I haven't done yet. One is that Amber the Pony is going to be flocked at some point, hopefully this year.

Plague wrote:I also couldn't get his body to be blue. I didn't acetone the first layer of sealant off well enough and it came out spotty and ruined it. Whoops. D:

RIT dye method or some other recolor method? I've yet to do that, but I already have cocoa colored RIT awaiting an obitsu body later (as they don't make them in AA and I have a character in mind)

Plague wrote:Oooh, clothes!

Only recently started on that. I have lots of patterns by other people, free ones found online and the like, but I've really wanted to get started on making my own patterns from scratch. So far, all I've got there is a diaper pattern for old-style Barbie Kelly/Tommy, and an underwear pattern with variations for bellybutton-era Barbies. I'd decided to start with underwear for everyone and work my way up. XD
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi and welcome!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Nella » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary!
Nella