Go to footer

Batty Newbie~

Tell the world who you are!

Batty Newbie~

Postby brattybat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi there! I'm Maya but I ususally go by Pixie on the interwebs. You can call me either one, but I like Pixie better. It just sounds cuter ^-^ I'm 19 years old and I live in Arizona. I've been interested for BJDs(as well Pullip and Bylthe) for a few years now but I've never had the money or the dedication to buy one. I finally am able to make the money to buy one and I'm going to do that in the next couple of weeks most likely. I'm super excited! :D

I'd like to make some friends that are also into the doll hobby/lifestlye? I'm not sure what to call it, sorry >_< I'd also like to meet some people that can help me pick out my first doll and everything that I need to go with her/him.

I can't wait to become a part of this community and meet lots of awesome people! c:

ALSO!
I have a couple Monster High dolls, and I kind of collect them but not really. I just think they're adorable as can be!
brattybat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Batty Newbie~

Postby Plague » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi there! .D I'm new too. I just ordered my first doll back in December, he's still being made and hasn't arrived yet. ^^
Plague
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Welcome, Pixie :)

Do you have any idea which doll you might get for your first?

I generally call it a hobby - for me a lifestyle is something I can (try to) live in accordance with; which makes dolls a hobby for me. Albeit a hobby that also encompasses several other hobbies and a lot of time (and money) ;)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby brattybat » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Plague wrote:Hi there! .D I'm new too. I just ordered my first doll back in December, he's still being made and hasn't arrived yet. ^^

That's awesome! I'm so excited to order mine ;u; Honestly, I'm probably going to order a secondhand one because I'm super impatient lol

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:Welcome, Pixie

Do you have any idea which doll you might get for your first?

I generally call it a hobby - for me a lifestyle is something I can (try to) live in accordance with; which makes dolls a hobby for me. Albeit a hobby that also encompasses several other hobbies and a lot of time (and money)

Thank you so much! Honestly, I don't really have an idea. I've bookmarked a couple and made a collection thing on Ebay with some dolls in it that are in my price range. I'm honestly only wanting to spend at most $250 on the body/head just because it is my first doll and secondly, I don't really have the money to spend anymore than that. I also know that I want it to be at least 10 inches tall.
brattybat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Nella » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Welcome to Dollieh Sanctuary, Pixie!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby brattybat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Thank you so much for the welcome ^-^
brattybat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby maywong » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Welcome! Customizing dolls can be such a fun experience, eyes, hair, clothes....even the smallest changes can make your girl or boy look very different and feel ?new? all over again. Not sure if new is the right term but it is a fun and adventuring time especially if you make and OC and adapt as you go. I never got into monster high dolls but I agree they do look very cool. I have even seen many custom M.H. with obitsu bodies and other mods. Hope you find some friends here :D Btw your picture reminds me of Chibi from birthday massacre (canadian band).
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions