Go to footer

Hello here

Tell the world who you are!

Hello here

Postby Cjjoyner » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 pm

r

My name is Crystal. I'm new to the world of Bjds but not to the world of dolls. I love miniatures and wish I had the time and space to do more with them.

So a few years ago about 6 or so I got into dollhouses and miniatures which actually started with my wanting to make polymer clay babies and people. However, I could not get the hang of it. Being from an area where no classes for that type of medium were offered I was on my own. I did do a few projects here and there in clay. Then I eventually got married had babies all that stuff. My work for stowed away and my tools for sold.

I then got into american girl dolls thanks to my sister in law. Their little trinkets and accessories intrigue me. Then while looking up their things I stumbled across the bjd world. Wow the dolls I wanted to sculpt already done and I can still personalize them to my liking! I can switch their eyes and wigs and do their makeup! This is very exciting to me. Luckily I stumbled across a Facebook group which eventually led me here.

So tomorrow my first doll should arrive. It's a 27cm Obitsu. I'm nervous, excited and delighted all in one. I've been drawing eyes all night well the outline.. Yea I can't get them to match.

Anyway, my ultimate dream is a pair of 60cm obitsu dolls! But that may change if I'm ever able to see other dolls. I've never seen any bjd unless my niece's monster high dolls count.

So here I am. Educate me. I'm all eyes and ears I love to learn and if you ever need to know anything about American Girl dolls let me know. If I haven't got the answer I can surely get it.
Cjjoyner
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hello here

Postby WhiteDove01s » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:59 am

Hi, and welcome! I'm usually called the Mad Scientist (there are reasons), and my particular niche is 1/6 scale stringless vinyl - including Obitsus, which I have four of so far (and that's not nearly enough. XD) I'm an admitted OOAKing addict (what it's called when you personalize a doll to make it one of a kind), and I guess I just feel 'safer' ooaking the 'cheaper' dolls. Strung resin would terrify me. I'm also starting to get into polymer clay, but primarily to make accessories for the dolls. These days there are a ton of good tutorials online for that, particularly youtube vids. :)

And, yes, Monster High does 'count' here. I just got my first one of those a couple days ago (boy are they giving Barbie a run for her 'Anorexia Poster Girl' label).
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 am

Welcome Crystal! I am glad you found your way here. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Welcome!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:01 am

Hello, welcome to our forum. I hope you'll be really happy here. :-)
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby takahirokumiko » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Welcome! Hope you have fun with your 27cm, obitsu dolls among other made are so much fun to customize. Only sad time for me in 1/6 is how tiny the 6-8mm eyes are for parabox heads with eye pockets. I love my 40cm Parabox Aurea, she's not too big, not too small...she's just right. :lol: Enjoy your stay and good luck on your creating!
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions