Go to footer

Hello from southern California

Tell the world who you are!

Hello from southern California

Postby ParlourGoddess » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:51 pm

I was sure I'd already introduced myself, but I guess not. Senior moment AND blonde moment.

Anyway, my name is Marilyn and I'm retired. I have been collecting dolls of one form or another most of my life. I went through a phase of collecting Barbies at one time, but now I collect mostly BJDs.

My first BJD was Resinsoul Mei elf girl, and she was my only BJD for 3 years, but then took advantage of an event at 5 Star Doll and got a Tumnus and a Rex plus a free Edmund head. I tried for a long time to get a body for the Edmund head, but finally gave up and am trying to sell him.

I love my Tumnus, who I named Genesis. He's my favorite doll. I love him to bits. I also love little Rex, but the poor child is still without a faceup. I have almost everything I need to learn faceups, but I rent a room in a house and there really is not a good place to do faceups. Eventually I'll figure that out.

This year I added several more dolls to my BJD family. I added tiny 5 Star Vivian and tiny SoulDoll YouNan. I also just got Dreaming Doll Misora a short time ago. I have a 5 Star Becca on layaway who should be here in about a month or less. She will hopefully be a girlfriend for Genesis.

I have a couple of other dolls which were mine from childhood. I have a Tiny Betsy McCall, who has seen better days. I got her when I was about 8. I also have a Baby Ginnette (Ginny's little sister) from about the same time. She's fared better than poor old Betsy. I also have a life size baby doll that was from my grandma and was waiting for me in my crib when my mom brought me home from the hospital. I don't know what doll she is, but she has been through the wringer as well. She's a hard rubber head and hands with a cloth body.

As I mentioned, I collected Barbies for a while. I actually was fortunate enough to work at Mattel toys for 5 years in the late 80s. I'm was a seamstress/theatrical costumer by trade, and when there was a lull in the theatrical work, I did a stint at Mattel as a sample maker. THAT was quite an experience.

OK, I'd better stop before I turn this into a novel.
ParlourGoddess
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hello from southern California

Postby K2! » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:50 am

Welcome aboard!

The Mattel gig sounds like it could have been really amazing.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby endlessnameless » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi!
All your dolls sound very cool! Working at a mattel store sounds like it be awesome!
Sorry if I sound fake I have a hard time expressing thing and it shows when I type sometimes.
endlessnameless
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Welcome!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby takahirokumiko » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello and welcome.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions