Go to footer

Crawling back out from under my rock...

Tell the world who you are!

Crawling back out from under my rock...

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:32 am

I'm not dead, though it feels like this last year especially has certainly tried to do the job. Trying to get back to the things that keep me from falling into a spiral of depression, which includes my dolls. Currently working on a wall-mounted cardboard doll organizer thing so I can actually see what dolls I have in my bin and also get them off my bookshelves after an accident there resulted in my 1/6 Volks guy having a broken ankle. Not sure what else to say, just that it's been a bad year. And does anyone know if there's a repair for 1:6 Volks ankle joints?
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Crawling back out from under my rock...

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:49 am

Hey! Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your boy's broken ankle.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:31 am

WhiteDove01s wrote:I'm not dead, though it feels like this last year especially has certainly tried to do the job. Trying to get back to the things that keep me from falling into a spiral of depression, which includes my dolls. Currently working on a wall-mounted cardboard doll organizer thing so I can actually see what dolls I have in my bin and also get them off my bookshelves after an accident there resulted in my 1/6 Volks guy having a broken ankle. Not sure what else to say, just that it's been a bad year. And does anyone know if there's a repair for 1:6 Volks ankle joints?

:hugs: So sorry to hear about your bad year! I'm sure it will start looking up soon!

As for your Volks doll----is he an EBN, EBC, Neo Goh Guy or Neo Guy? I don't think you can really repair them 'permanently' but you can replace the foot/ankle peg. Is that what broke? The peg attached to the foot? If so, I might have some parts available for you. Not sure I do but I can check if you need it. :)

Again, welcome back!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:33 am

I'm honestly not sure. I need to make a chart for all these names because they refuse to stick in my brain any more. He looks exactly like the one on the very left of DollyKim's first picture over here:

http://w.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary ... =6&t=10695

I have plans to turn him into Kuja from Final Fantasy 9, and the only parts I still had to get was saving up for the right shade(s) of silver hair to reroot the barbie head I picked out. (And glasses, so I can see to repaint the eyes...). and then this happens.

And, yes, broken peg. The peg is still in the leg, and I kind of think I could glue the thing back on the ball if I could just get it out of his leg, but without instructions of some kind I'm afraid of doing more damage. He probably be my second-hardest doll to have to actually replace. (The worst would be my Antoinette Cameo, my only larger-than-1:6 doll... though Toni insists she IS 1:6 and just happens to be a Giantess...)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 am

Hi White Dove!

I've also been away from the boards since I moved and I STILL don't have a craft space or doll space set up (we really need a 2 bedroom apartment but ended up with a 1 bedroom and I am still juggling space). So I have also been off the boards for a while.

This is a YouTube channel which I really enjoy - A Thousand Splendid Dolls. The woman who runs it collects a variety of fashion dolls and also American Girl dolls. This tutorial on how she fixes broken Monster High limbs with the peg still stuck inside the limb may be of help to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDdiAVH1RYs&index=6&list=PLDj1EO3L0ELnI9hJ4QwQMhgRvvGMGScQo

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Do you have a pic of the doll?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby WhiteDove01s » Thu May 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Sorry for long delay in answering. Too many things, too little time...

Thanks a lot for the tutorial. I'll consider it while I try to track down a paperclip... XD Can't recall the last time I saw one, may have to buy a pack.

And hopefully here is a picture of said doll, showing the broken peg.
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Fri May 10, 2019 6:54 am

I would just remove the broken peg altogether and replace it with another peg.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 am

maywong wrote:I would just remove the broken peg altogether and replace it with another peg.

As in the Monster High instructions? I couldn't see any other way to pull it loose or remove it, so that's currently looking the way to go. I'm working on my big doll organizer, doing decontamination and salvage ops in the back room (leaky roof and nasty black mold), and having Flo's monthly visit, so haven't managed to track down the paperclip or candle (tho fairly sure I have both, somewhere).
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions