Go to footer

Very old to the hobby, new to the forum.

Tell the world who you are!

Very old to the hobby, new to the forum.

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 am

Hey,
I'm from the Chicago area. I never collected dolls other than some barbies, but I got interested in BJDs back in 2004, and after working in highschool and saving up, I got my first BJD 2 years later in 2006; a SOO dark Delf from Luts. I have been on DoA since that time and accumulated a few dolls, most from Luts, but since I have been busy with school/work and my dissertation, I haven't been so active in the community for a few years. Just recently I made a purchase for a Souldoll Seo Jeung-U (he should be arriving soon!) and a Luts Tiny Delf Peter as a late graduation gift to myself. I also decided to try and sculpt my own doll head since it's been something I always wanted to try (I don't know what I'm doing, but that makes it more fun).

Anyway some may recognize me from DoA or elsewhere. I found this place because just recently my 12 year old account unexpectedly got banned from DoA. Apparently I created a second account when I first joined long back then, forgetting I already made an account and found my original credentials soon after. Therefor it remained entirely empty and unbeknownst to me the whole time. I even showed them proof i intended to ask them to delete that account when i discovered it. I hope this doesn't come off as bashing or hateful because that's not my intention and for the most part that community has seemed so nice and it was a pleasure being there all these years with great resources. I also see many here at DS are over there as well. But I can't help but to feel so heavily distraught and upset about losing all of that and losing all my doll history over the 12 years over an obvious mistake. Needless to say I'm still a bit in shocked mode. The dictatorship that the forum has spiraled into really caught me off guard and really saddens me. I wanted to be in a waiting room for my 2 new dolls and share my sculpting experience, but I could no longer do that there, and it really dampened my fondness for the hobby for a while and put a deep pit in my stomach. It really sucks, but it's their forum and they can do as they wish I guess. Therefore I decided to google search other doll forums to cheer me up, and this one popped up and I'm just so happy and a bit relieved to have found this place. So here I am. I only have BJDs and a few barbies (I used to have a few dawn dolls given to me from my mom , if any elderly individuals remember those! ) I look forward to being here and contributing to the community. Let me know if this post comes off too ranty and I'll modify it. I guess I'm just still frustrated.
Nova
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Very old to the hobby, new to the forum.

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 am

Hello and welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you were banned over there. That's a big time bummer. But, we know a thing or two about dolls and sculpting here, so look around and feel free to ask any questions you might have. :D
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Very old to the hobby, new to the forum.

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Welcome.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions