Go to footer

A new dolly hoarder...

Tell the world who you are!

A new dolly hoarder...

Postby neon_jellyfish » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 am

Well, new to this forum, anyways, I've been hoarding dolls for ten years... Aaaaand I got distracted before I even started! Sorry...

*clears throat*

Hello, dolly people (and members of other doll-loving species)!

I'm neon_jellyfish, and I'm on MH Arena and Dolly Market under the same username. I've built an army of 181 dolls, and I'm still craving more (so that me and my dolls can take over the world someday, mwhahahahaaa)!

My collection mostly consists of Monster High, Ever After High and Pullips, with small amounts of other brands thrown into the mix.

My mental development decided I've had enough some 19 years ago, and I've been eleven since then, so if I come across as a bit childish, it's because I'm basically a pro now...

Also, Engrish aren't my firstest language and me very bad at it sometimes, so please bear with me, thank you kindly!

Happy to be here :D
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Re: A new dolly hoarder...

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am

Welcome in!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 am

Ha ha! The "arrested development at age 11" seems to be a condition we share!

(That line about taking it "pro"... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I am impressed that you counted your dolls and know exactly how many you have! Does that number include duplicates, or are those each individual, unique dolls and figures?

Is joining another forum the first small step in your plan to conquer the world? Annexing one new forum at a time? (If you post here every day or two you'll pretty much have conquered this place! :lol: )

Your Once Upon a Zombie icon photo is cool! ("Czech Creepublic" ... :lol: )
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby neon_jellyfish » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am

Kirahfaye wrote:Welcome in!

Thank you!

davidd wrote:Ha ha! The "arrested development at age 11" seems to be a condition we share!

(That line about taking it "pro"... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I am impressed that you counted your dolls and know exactly how many you have! Does that number include duplicates, or are those each individual, unique dolls and figures?

Is joining another forum the first small step in your plan to conquer the world? Annexing one new forum at a time? (If you post here every day or two you'll pretty much have conquered this place! :lol: )

Your Once Upon a Zombie icon photo is cool! ("Czech Creepublic" ... :lol: )

Thank you!

I don't really have duplicates in my collection (unless you count various releases of the same character), the only exception is EAH Melody, whom I have with both new and old head, I actually want to sell the new-headed one, I just never get to it for one reason or another...

As for taking over the world, yes, we're starting on internet, and we'll proceed with real life campaign when the army is big enough (I don't know how many dolls is that, Her Insane Majesty* said she'll let us know when we get there)

Czech Creepublic is something I've come up with for MH Arena, to keep up with MH's numerous monster puns. A lot of people over there do that, some of the monster-fied locations are real gems!

*Her Insane Majesty, Queen Isadora Malvolia The Very First, is my Pullip Lunatic Queen, and she's the supreme ruler of my (well, her) household (davidd and I know each other, so he already knows what I'm talking about).
Last edited by neon_jellyfish on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby maywong » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi! and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby davidd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:32 pm

neon_jellyfish wrote:

Czech Creepublic is something I've come up with for MH Arena, to keep up with MH's numerous monster puns. A lot of people over there do that, some of the monster-fied locations are real gems!

:o Oh! You said (wrote, typed, otherwise indicated) MH Arena! My eyes-to-brain system translated that as MLP Arena.
I did not know there was a MH Arena site! I may need to look in to that. I was a member of the now-defunct Monster High Night Class forum, ages and ages ago.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:46 am

Welcome to the board.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby neon_jellyfish » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 am

maywong wrote:Hi! and welcome.

Thank you!

davidd wrote:
neon_jellyfish wrote:

:o Oh! You said (wrote, typed, otherwise indicated) MH Arena! My eyes-to-brain system translated that as MLP Arena.
I did not know there was a MH Arena site! I may need to look in to that. I was a member of the now-defunct Monster High Night Class forum, ages and ages ago.

Haha, and I've mentioned MH Arena multiple times over on Dolly Market! But I know this effect, it happens to me all the time. Sadly, ever since the reboot happened, MH Arena is pretty much dead, with three or four posts a week...

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Welcome to the board.

Thank you!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Postby Eseme » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 am

Welcome! This forum is great, open to any dolls.

I also collect Monster High.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby davidd » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am

neon_jellyfish wrote:Haha, and I've mentioned MH Arena multiple times over on Dolly Market! But I know this effect, it happens to me all the time. Sadly, ever since the reboot happened, MH Arena is pretty much dead, with three or four posts a week...

Now that you mention it, I do recall you mentioning an "Arena" at the other forum, and each time I also read it as "MLP Arena." :roll: I am now feeling colossally unobservant! :? In fact, it is a little bit unsettling to discover how significantly my preconceived notions are apparently influencing my perceptions!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions