Go to footer

Hello!

Tell the world who you are!

Hello!

Postby Moonstruckwitch » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I've been haunting this site for a little while now for tips, tricks and links to goodies. I'm 25, female, and a little shy, though I love my dolls :) I've got a growing army of playline dolls, such as barbie and monster high dolls, two 10 inch rainbow brite dolls (Rainbow brite and moonglow) four very highly prized obitsus, three of which I have/will be customizing myself, and two blue bobobies, one female msd pixie, and one male 60cm (not sure of the make, I'm new to this and my boyfriend got them both off ebay for me this past summer, and both need to be re-strung) and one Pullip who is nothing but trouble though I love her anyway!

I enjoy customizing dolls, and hope to continue doing so in the future, even if I'm not as skilled as I'd like to be. I also can't seem to break myself away from my sewing machine, lol. My dolls love getting new clothes, but I stink at pattern drafting at the moment.

So yeah, I think that probably sums me up for now.
Moonstruckwitch

Re: Hello!

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum! You'll have to show off some pictures of your dolls. Maybe we can identify your boy for you?
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby richila » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Welcome to the group! Yes, you pretty much have to restring Bobobies, or suede and wire them with in an inch of their little resin lives. :D But, once you work with them, they are such lovely dolls. I love my Mei, Nefertari.
Valerie
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby maywong » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 am

Welcome to board. I see the dolls already have you sewing away for them. You be amaze how addictive sewing can get :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Moonstruckwitch » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:19 pm

I'll have to get some pictures of the rest of my brood up :) And yeah, sewing for them never really ends, lol. Helio (my 60 boy) and Pixie don't have much at the moment. I don't play with them as much because, well, I can't. I really, really need to get them restrung, and am too afraid to do it myself.
Moonstruckwitch

Postby ArcaneDesires » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Heya, I'm kinda new to here too. I look forward to seeing pics of your resin family when you get around to it. I'm especially fond of ResinSoul and Bobobie dolls. Restringing them really isn't as hard as it seems. I was scared witless the first time, but it's really rather easy once you know how. *pats* Anywho, again welcome. *shuffles off*
At home: RS Song ~ Aeirion, Dark Tan RS Mu/Dan hybrid ~ Neo, IH Light Brown Kamau ~ Sarge, Obitsu Gretel 1/6th ~ Saya, Obitsu Gretel 1/6th ~ Rayne,
Waiting for: RS Dog 0037 ♂~ Diego, RS Dog 0039 ♀ ~ Diamond, SM Grit OE head/Dikadoll Hybrid ♂ ~ Zemekiel.
On layaway:
Saving for: Souldoll Tae ~ Blade. £0/£445 ($0/$699)
ArcaneDesires
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions