Go to footer

A New Challenger Approaches!

Tell the world who you are!

Re: A New Challenger Approaches!

Postby Rukitron » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Rukitron wrote:Guess I'll go post some pics.

Lol browsing around I see some folks I knew in Dreamland... Small community? lol.

Actually - this is the current incarnation of the forum that used to be called Dreamland! After it got hacked it was changed to 13doll, and then that forum accidentally lost it's domain and webhost so a couple of us started up a new version under the name of Dollieh Sanctuary :) We're still trying to find all of our old members - so welcome back :)

lol! I was around when it was 13 doll I believe?

Only new doll I got during that time was an azone Mikuru. So now I have 3 of the retail azone haruhi dolls...

Been trying to push for 1/3 doll, but the price makes it harder for me since I want my first 1/3 doll to be absolute love and awesomeness.

And yes trying to think of a good intro pic...
Rukitron
i see dead dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Just to make you drool a bit: 1/3 Mikuru
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Rukitron » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Yes I did preorder that Mikuru too. Her face looks adorable. I'm not sure about the larger scale obitsu bodies, but her face and clothes are cute enough to make up for it a bit...
Rukitron
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Rukitron wrote:Yes I did preorder that Mikuru too. Her face looks adorable. I'm not sure about the larger scale obitsu bodies, but her face and clothes are cute enough to make up for it a bit...

If she's on the 50cm body you will LOVE HER!!! 50cm is the most awesomely poseable thing you have ever owned and is responsible for converting many people to obitsu love :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby K2! » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Rukitron wrote:Yes I did preorder that Mikuru too. Her face looks adorable. I'm not sure about the larger scale obitsu bodies, but her face and clothes are cute enough to make up for it a bit...

If she's on the 50cm body you will LOVE HER!!! 50cm is the most awesomely poseable thing you have ever owned and is responsible for converting many people to obitsu love :)

Actually this is the new 48cm body, which to this point has been used exclusively by Azone. Since Mikuru is supposed to be rather on the "chesty" side, I wonder if they have gone with the 50cm large bust.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Hello and welcome~!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 pm

I can't wait to see your big girl, I <3 photos!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Eseme » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi and welcome!

I'm a big fan of 1/6, so I look forward to lots of pics of your dolls (and action figures - shhhhhhhhh, I call them dolls!).
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Rukitron » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

Greyhaunt wrote:

Her scale is a bit odd, I'm still having trouble finding her some alternate clothes besides her bunny outfit.
Currently searching for:
-cute undies or a swimsuit

Also here's a pic of some of my figures.
Yeah I started getting Kamen Rider Figuarts on my side.
Most of my figures are: video game, anime, transformers related, and a few riders here and there.

Doll pics coming soon (as I figure out what to dress them in...).

Btw I was previously under the name "Shark Jumper" on the old forum if anyone remembers >_>
Rukitron
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tira-chan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

If she has similar proportions to the 50cm Obitsu, I've had good luck with the BFC Ink clothes, which has a pretty good range of modern outfits. I don't remember a swimsuit, but I haven't checked in a while. For underwear, Dess has a MSD set from Volks, but I got it on clearance so it might not be in stock anymore.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions