Go to footer

Hi from the Netherlands :)

Tell the world who you are!

Hi from the Netherlands :)

Postby Evelien » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 am

Hello everyone! I'm Evelien, almost 28 years old, from the Netherlands. I used to play with Simba's 6.5" Pamela Love dolls as a kid in the nineties and since Feb 2010 I'm collecting them again. I also made http://www.pamela-love.com :). I'm busy graduating from college and when I'm finished, I want to spend more time restoring old dolls by rerooting them and making new clothes, because I have three unfinished projects lying around.

This is Pamela Love:

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to collect more than just little Pams. I love Tonner's Ellowyne Wilde 'Feeling drained', but there's no way I can afford her any time soon, so for now I went for the cheaper Moxie Teenz (I have two Tristens and one Melrose) and to be honest, I've fallen in love with them completely. At the moment I'm trying to shrink one of their heads using acetone lol, because I don't like the body so much, and I'd love to try and put the head on a LIV body or a Barbie Fashionistas body.. but so far the head isn't shrinking much :(. She's been out of the acetone for two days now and not much is happening... I know this experiment requires patience, so I'll just wait :).

My first Tristen, whom I bought a new wig and made new clothes and a new bag for:

In my daily life there isn't much understanding for my dolly hobby and my family downright hates it, so yay for the internet. :)

My other websites are,
Pamela Love Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eveliensch/
Moxie Teenz Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmmoxygen/
Moxie Teenz blog: http://moxygen.pamela-love.com

Love,
Evelien
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Hi from the Netherlands :)

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 am

Welcome to the board :D
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby maywong » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 am

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Lokiholic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 am

Pamela Love! I saw them mentioned somewhere online and tried to research them... yeah. Not good terms to stick into Google. @_@

Welcome to the board!
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 am

Thanks guys!

@ Lokiholic, haha, so true, you either find blowup dolls or the jewellery designer with the same name. Always use the words 'Simba' and/or 'Ocean Toys' when you're looking for them ;). Since one week I've got my own little forum about them, too. We're a small yet active and friendly community :) http://forum.pamela-love.com

Where did you see them mentioned? I'm curious now. :)
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:42 am

Hello and welcome!

I have a Melrose Moxie Teen myself. :)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 am

Howdy! I actually saw your Tristens on flickr, glad to see you found dollieh sanctuary as well! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Evelien » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 am

Yes, your name looks familiar ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lokiholic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Evelien wrote:Thanks guys!

@ Lokiholic, haha, so true, you either find blowup dolls or the jewellery designer with the same name. Always use the words 'Simba' and/or 'Ocean Toys' when you're looking for them ;). Since one week I've got my own little forum about them, too. We're a small yet active and friendly community :) http://forum.pamela-love.com

Where did you see them mentioned? I'm curious now. :)

Ooo, a forum!

Uhhh. I don't remember where I saw it, actually. The forums I read most are here, Dolly Market and MyScene Hangout. I spend a lot of time reading the archive searching for doll modding/care/storage tips, so I'm not sure... Sorry. :oops:
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:16 am

Perhaps it was Flickr then? :)
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions