Go to footer

Hello

Tell the world who you are!

Hello

Postby Eseme » Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 pm

I've been lurking over at JunkySpot, but haven't posted. I'm really hoping that this month is the one when I'll have a bit extra to get my first BJD - a 27 cm Obitsu.

I'm planning on doing mostly my own sewing (once I recover my sewing machine - it ended up in storage at the wrong house), though I have a few fashion doll cast-offs.

I really like the fact that this board is for all dolls (and even allows non-BJDs). Thanks for that!

I will admit that most of why I signed up for an account is that the default board settings for non-registered users give me an awful headache, with all that flashing. I'd imagine anyone prone to seizures would really have issues with it - the admin may want to change it to something with less strobe-like flashes.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Hello

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon May 10, 2010 6:17 pm

wow...I'm a bit confused because the default setting is the Dirty Board setting (the one with the sort of dirty brown background) and the only thing that should flash on this one (unlike the Hello Kitty theme) are threads that have a lot of activity...I'm afraid I can't change that because it's built into the theme. But we have many themes to choose from so everybody can be happy :)

And welcome aboard - we are always happy to have new members :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Eseme » Mon May 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Actually, the background flashes. I load the page and it flashes red-brown-red behind the list of topics. And it does that when I hit the index page, open a sub-forum, open a topic, and go to a new page in a topic.

The flashing was driving me mad! Try it not logged in and see.

I really like the forest theme - it's restful and has a somewhat elfin-looking woman. I'm planning to go goth on my first Obitsu, but hope to eventually get more dolls and expand into fantasy themes.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Jade_Hunter » Tue May 11, 2010 12:43 am

Hi and Welcome, I have an 27cm Obitsu and love it, I enjoy making clothes for her and also finding cool things on the net to get for her. I also got some other dolls but the Obitsu's are my favorite for now...
Jade_Hunter

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue May 11, 2010 5:08 am

Welcome to the board. I got 3 27cm Obitsus gals and a few of their mixed brand hybrid buddies. Just be wary though, once your doll realised you can sew, life will never be the same. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:10 am

hi and welcome! yes dollies are very demanding when they realize that you can sew and such!
leopardessmoon

Postby yah » Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 am

Welcome :D
yah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed May 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome! I hope you find lots of friends and fun here with us!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Eseme » Wed May 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I am definitely looking forward to sewing - but since I may not be able to go pick up my sewing machine until after I place an order later this month and an Obitsu ships to me, I have a few "grabbed at the flea market" Barbie clothes tucked away...
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions