Go to footer

greetings from the land of crabs and pitbulls!

Tell the world who you are!

greetings from the land of crabs and pitbulls!

Postby VirgoVertigo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:42 am

pretty swanky, right?

anyway, hi everyone! i'm new here, as you can tell UwU my name is charlotte, but i'd be so, so happy if you guys would call me char or squishy! let's be friends!
i guess i should say something about me? i live in a house with my family and two dogs, an old and soggy basset hound and a really young pitbull. i like to play video games, especially fallout 3, half-life 2, and animal crossing: new leaf! my favorite food is the strawberry and i prefer skirts to pants. :>
as for dolls, i just started the hobby but i've really admired BJDs and doll owners for a long time! my sister owned 2 blythes and a pullip, which she took mediocre care of before passing down to me. well, she passed me the pullip. she wants to sell her blythes. i realize that BJD owners don't consider pullips BJDs, but i love them and my ugly, scalpless pullip is what got me into BJDs. i'm looking forward to getting my first one this christmas (hopefully a chocolate hujoo with the yomi face sculpt) (i know hujoos aren't exactly considered BJDs either, but they're cheap and legit and i don't want to get a really expensive doll before i really know what i'm doing and risk ruining it :3 ). i can't wait to bond with my doll and get lots of nice pictures of her, and maybe one day i can bring her to a convention! a small one, so she doesn't break or get too much hate.
i have heard nice things about dollieh sanctuary and i hope to make many new friends and learn lots of new things! if you have any tips, big or small, i'd really, really, really appreciate them! i'd also really be happy if anyone wants to be frends! ^u^ thank you!

p.s.- i really really love dark-skinned dolls, so if you have any suggestions on getting one of those OR any people who take really nice pictures of their dark-skinned dolls, i'd be so grateful!
VirgoVertigo
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: greetings from the land of crabs and pitbulls!

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 am

Welcome to the board :D
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby takahirokumiko » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing pictures of your dolls. :D
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:55 am

Welcome to the forum :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi and welcome .
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby VirgoVertigo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:18 pm

takahirokumiko wrote:Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing pictures of your dolls. :D

thank you! ^^ i don't have a super high quality camera when my sister's not around (i have an ipod...;o;), but i'll totally snap some photos next time she comes around! she's a photography major, so unless the people here don't mind bad photos, it'll be a while! uvu;;;
More Waifu Will Ruin Your Laifu

MLP Arena: PuddingPie
Instagram: @virgo_vertigo (check out my store, @vergo_vertigo_shop !)
VirgoVertigo

Postby VirgoVertigo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 pm

thanks everyone for the kind welcome! i can't wait to join some discussions, i'll try not to be an annoying newbie :lol:

VirgoVertigo

Postby Trethowan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome to the group. We love ALL dolls here, this isn't an elitist board. While the main focus trends towards BJD, we gladly welcome everyone here, from Pullips and Hujoos to Barbies and Monster High. We have sections of the forum for each type of doll, you'll see a section for Tinies, 1/6, 1/4, 1/3, a mixed batch group, and I think there's even something for plushies and MLP. Hope you find yourself quite welcome here. *hugs*
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby VirgoVertigo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 am

Trethowan wrote:Welcome to the group. We love ALL dolls here, this isn't an elitist board. While the main focus trends towards BJD, we gladly welcome everyone here, from Pullips and Hujoos to Barbies and Monster High. We have sections of the forum for each type of doll, you'll see a section for Tinies, 1/6, 1/4, 1/3, a mixed batch group, and I think there's even something for plushies and MLP. Hope you find yourself quite welcome here. *hugs*

thanks so much for the kindness! i'm glad this place isn't as elitist as DoA or DoD, i felt really wary of those places ... i'll be sure to do a bit of posting very soon, including pictures of my beat-up pullip somewhere in the 1/6 section :lol: i can't wait to be an active member of the board! <3

VirgoVertigo

Postby takahirokumiko » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:44 am

SquishyPies wrote:
takahirokumiko wrote:Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing pictures of your dolls. :D

thank you! ^^ i don't have a super high quality camera when my sister's not around (i have an ipod...;o;), but i'll totally snap some photos next time she comes around! she's a photography major, so unless the people here don't mind bad photos, it'll be a while! uvu;;;

Your pictures don't have to be high quality. As long as you can see what the picture is supposed to be, it should be fine.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions