Go to footer

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

Tell the world who you are!

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

Postby luckydeathstar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am

Hello there! I'm Gabs and while I don't have a doll yet, my wife has been a BJD enthusiast and, well, I guess one could say that I've been bitten by the bug! I hang my hat in the United States in the state of Ohio. I guess everyone has to live somewhere. I do have a dream of having my own coffee/tea/hot chocolate shop that hosts a weekly BJD meeting but that may just be a dream.

I can't wait to get my first doll (I'm already making clothing....). I'm looking at the MiroDoll known as Wind. The wife (who might join here, not sure) has hinted that I might Wind for my birthday. I hope she tells me as I might buy her on a upcoming paycheck with a bonus on it :).

Have a good day :)
My very first dollieh is on her way, a MiroDoll named Wind. I hope to have her style match mine as much as I can. :)
luckydeathstar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

Postby richila » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:38 am

Welcome to the board! What kind of clothing are you making? :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby luckydeathstar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Before I answer the question I just wanna squeeeeee excitedly. The wife ordered Wind for me for my birthday (MiroDoll had a awesome sale on the doll and she had some extra money so yayyyyyyy)

As for the clothing I'm wanting to make its nothing too fancy as my machine is broken so everything is done by hand. I have some left over ribbon that I used for a costume that I might use to make a skirt (it's a strip of ribbon then a gather of ribbon),
Plus I have two tubs of fabric I can mess around with .
My very first dollieh is on her way, a MiroDoll named Wind. I hope to have her style match mine as much as I can. :)
luckydeathstar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby maywong » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Min » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Welcome to the board! :)

The BJD bug is one of the best to be bitten by, and congrats on the doll! :D

Hope you'll have a great time here!
"Sir, that stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face, and she says she can't go to a hospital because she's - quote - 'tripping balls'."

Tumblr.
Min
i see dead dolliehs

Postby luckydeathstar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Min wrote:Welcome to the board! :)

The BJD bug is one of the best to be bitten by, and congrats on the doll! :D

Hope you'll have a great time here!

And yay Sumomo! I was thinking that it could be fun to let my girl cosplay as well [including Sumomo!]

I'm a little worried on the name. I almost always name things Zaylor [two members of my favorite band, I joke that they're dating even though they're actually brothers..... they're just so close with each other and seem to pose together in pictures more comfortably with each other than with their wives....] BUT I worry that it won't fit her.
luckydeathstar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Welcome! I think you will love your WInd, I have seen owner pictures and she is a really nice doll. I think I would love your dream shop, I would definitely go there! I hope you do get to do it someday! If you need patterns for your new girl, you can probably find them here. Dollykim wrote a book, and there are other ones online too. Here is just the first thing that popped up on google for me for free patterns:

http://bjdpatterns.deviantart.com/
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby luckydeathstar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Fantastic, thank you for that link. I was looking through some of my clothing that I can't fit anymore, and I discovered that the sleeves to a shirt [I called it my Lestat shirt because it made me think of Tom Cruises version of Lestat from Interview With The Vampire] that might actually be the right length on her to make a skirt.
luckydeathstar
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Min » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm

luckydeathstar wrote:And yay Sumomo! I was thinking that it could be fun to let my girl cosplay as well [including Sumomo!]

Yay! I'd love to see that! :D
Hope you'll share pictures of your creations, it's always so fun to see what people make. :)
"Sir, that stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face, and she says she can't go to a hospital because she's - quote - 'tripping balls'."

Tumblr.
Min
i see dead dolliehs

Postby takahirokumiko » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions