Go to footer

Hello from New York!

Tell the world who you are!

Hello from New York!

Postby DollLover » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi! My name is Alison and I'm from upstate New York! I've been in the hobby for a bout a year now and finally feel that I'm ready to stat meeting new people who are in this hobby too. :D I have one doll and am waiting on another ,but she should be here soon! I can't wait! :D
^,,^ I'm a vampire!
DollLover
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hello from New York!

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Welcome to the board
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Welcome to the board!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Welcome :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Calivano » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Alison, pleased to meet you! Been to any meetups in Upstate New York? I have a friend who lives in Tupper Lake. What got you into dolls?
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and... ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..."

-11th Doctor
Calivano
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DollLover » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:21 pm

No :'( I haven't been to go to any meet ups yet but I really hope that I'll be able to make some new friends and go to a few! But I'm not gonna lie I'm a pretty shy person and the thought of meeting new people kind of scares me lol.
And as for what got me into dolls, it's a bit of a strange story. A person I really looked up to on YT had a comment posted on his page about how he stole an El Luts head (Among other things from other people) and I was curious to see what they were talking about. And then Google happened lol. Needless to say I don't watch his videos anymore and I stay away from people like that. I in no way condone people steal dolls in anyway. :]
What about you? What was your first doll and how did you get started in the hobby?
^,,^ I'm a vampire!
DollLover
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Calivano » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Its kind of a long story, I posted it here http://dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9585&p=113381&hilit=sickness#p113381. But in a nutshell, Ive always likes dolls as a kid. But boys liking dolls was taboo, and didnt take well. It wasnt until I got older and said the hell with stereotypes that I got an Iplehouse Luna. So tell us about your dollieh! What are you hoping to do in the future?
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and... ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..."

-11th Doctor
Calivano
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DollLover » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

There's absolutely no shame in boys having/playing with dolls. As a little girl i ran around and played in the dirt and tried to catch frogs lol. You can only imagine how well that went over for me lol so I kinda understand where your coming from lol I would say I own a RS Bao who is named Ambrose , but let's face it, our dolls own us lol I'm thinking about possibly sending his head away for a bit of modding (I'm drying to give him vampire teeth!) But I want to make sure it's something I really want before I commit to it. I'm also early waiting on an order from BBB, she's being shipped out so soon! I can hardly wait!!!
^,,^ I'm a vampire!
DollLover
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby takahirokumiko » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Hello and welcome.

Which BBB girl are you getting?
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollLover » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm expecting a BBB sunny on a girl body with pink skin~<3 I can't wait for her to come home already! Her name is Eleven.
^,,^ I'm a vampire!
DollLover
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Introductions