Go to footer

[Open]Face-Ups By OkamiKodomo

Do you sew, build or do faceups? Well let folks know about it so they can pay you!!!

[Open]Face-Ups By OkamiKodomo

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Current Work List

Current turnaround time: 6 Weeks per head

Prices

Basic Face-ups
$20.oo for YoSD and Tiny face-up
$35.oo for MSD face-up
$45.oo for SD or larger face-up
$10.oo for First Re-Do (see "About Refunds and Re-Do"), additional at normal prices.

Fantasy Face-ups
These start at the price for a basic face-up, and increase based on complexity and design. Please PM for a quote. Include detailed description and references if possible.

$6.oo for face-up removal
$5.oo ea. for drilled piercings; includes optional simple wire hoop with seed bead; PM for available colors.
$3.oo for Glue-on Piercings, PM for available colors. Price includes up to ten piercings.

Eyelash installation - free**
**If you have eyelashes already installed in your doll that you wish to keep with the new face-up, or include a pair you wish to have installed, I will do it for free. I don't currently have eyelashes on hand, but I can order them for you, at-cost. This means you pay the exact amount that I paid, no more, no less, and I will install them for free.

$35.oo for Artist's Choice face-up, any size
For Artist's Choice, you give me a basic color pallet, a theme, and a few details about your doll, and then give me free reign to do as I please. I love doing these types of commissions, but by requesting Artist's Choice, you are granting me artistic license. I will not make any permanent modifications to your doll with this type of commission, unless you also order a modification (see below). If you absolutely hate the end result, then I offer one re-do at a discounted rate of $15.oo, which includes the face-up removal and re-paint. Further remakes are at the normal rates, whether you decide to continue with Artist's Choice, or opt for requesting a specific face-up at the price listed above for the appropriate size doll.

Body Blush
Full body blush and half blush include a mani/pedi in any desired color, and an optional small tattoo. No tattoos included in any other partial blush option. I prefer dolls to be strung for a body blush, but I will work on an unstrung doll, if you would like to save on shipping costs by using a smaller box.

$35.oo for YoSD or smaller full body blush
$65.oo for MSD full blody blush
$80.oo for SD or larger full body blush

$15.oo Blushing for hands or feet only, any size
$25.oo Blushing for hands and feet only, any size
$45.oo Half-body blush (full torso, arms, and hands) any size

$30.oo Fantasy part blush YoSD and MSD size
$50.oo SD and larger Fantasy Parts blush

$20.oo for blush removal

Tattoos
For complex tattoos, heavy blushing for fantasy parts or resin matching, please PM me with a description and/or references, to see if it's something within my capabilities, and to work out a price. I will not accept a commission until a price is agreed upon.

Other Services

Modifications
I will only take one modification at a time. The labor, time, and precautionary measures involved in modification require that it is the only thing I work on. If you are commissioning a modification from me, I will close my shop until your commission is complete, but I also will not begin working on your doll until any other face-ups are finished.

Eye Openings
$45.oo Existing Eye-wells
$55.oo No Existing Eye-wells

Joint Reconstruction
This is taking a single jointed/poor posing doll and grinding away/adding Apoxie to existing joints to make them double-jointed or to increase movement and pose-ability. Turnaround Time for a Joint Reconstruction is a minimum of three months. Please understand that additive mods are a necessity in this type of project. I will do my best to tint the Apoxie to match your doll, but an exact match is not guaranteed. Please PM me for examples, quotes and availability. Provide detailed descriptions whenever possible of the type of work you would like done.

Sueding and Stringing
Please send your doll in a large enough box to be sent back strung if you order a restringing or wiring!
$15.oo restringing if strings are provided
$30.oo restringing if strings are not provided (please allow time for restring kit to be shipped in)
$20.oo Wiring for limbs
$30.oo for Hot Glue sueding, any size, all joints.
$45.oo Wire, Sueded and restrung with existing/provided strings. Add $10 if new string kit needs to be ordered, and allow time for it to arrive.

Client pays shipping to and from. You choose your shipping method.

However your doll is shipped to me, that will be how it is shipped back, unless you tell me otherwise, or I feel you have sent inadequate packaging. IE: if you send me a whole doll unstrung for a body blush, I will ship it back unstrung (unless you send the strings and hooks, and pay for a larger box for the return trip). If you send your head to me with a face-up protector, I will send it back with it. If I feel your doll isn't padded enough for the return trip, I will add additional padding at no extra cost, with whatever I have on hand, be it tissue paper, newspaper, packing peanuts, bubble wrap or plastic bags, but the doll will be sent back in the same box. If you do not have a face-up protector, but would like one, it is an additional $3 but you may have to wait until I can have one shipped to me, if I am out of stock. Currently in stock for MSD and SD.

About Refunds and Re-Do
In short, I do not give refunds. I may make a VERY rare exception on a case-by-case basis, but the cost of a face-up pays for my supplies and my time. Neither of these things can be given back because you change your mind, or do not like the work. If you are horrifically displeased with a face-up I've done for you, I will try to find a way to fix it. I offer the discounted rate of $10.oo for the first re-do of a face-up, but additional repaints will be at the standard rates. Professional grade art supplies and sealants are not cheap. By contacting me for a commission, you are agreeing to these terms. You are acknowledging that you have looked at my gallery and have decided that you like my particular face-up style for your doll. I will NOT offer a refund if you decide to change your mind, nor if you decide you simply don't like the style of the face-up. In the case of the latter, I will offer to wipe it for free, if you so desire, or you can opt for the discount rate re-do.

Materials I may use*
Sealants
Mr. Super Clear UV Cut
ZM Powder Spray
Minwax Polycrylic Spray**

Pastels
Gallery Soft
Myungo Soft
Blick Soft
Rembrandt Soft
Richeson Handmade Soft
PrismaColor NuDesign Firm
Koh-I-Noor Soft Pastel Pencils

Watercolor Pencils

PrismaColor
Gallery
ProArt
General's Kimberly
Staedler
Derwent Graphitint Water-Soluble Graphite Pencils
Derwent black watercolor pencil

Shine/Shimmer
Jaquard Pearl-Ex Pigments
Assorted Pure Mineral/Mica pigments
Twinkling H20 Watercolors

Paints
Golden Fluid Acrylic
Liquitex Basics Acrylic
Liquitex Flow-Aid
Liquitex Gloss Medium
Tamiya Gloss Varnish
Gallery Watercolors

Other
Windsor & Newton Brush Cleaner - to remove face-up
Rubbing Alcohol - to remove face-up
Aileen's Tacky Glue - to apply eyelashes

*This is not an exhaustive list, but fairly complete. If there are materials I intend to use on your doll and they are not listed, I will PM you first for permission before continuing.

**I use Polycrylic spray only to seal heavy duty work, and only with permission of the owner. I have used this spray to seal work on several dolls, and it is more durable than other sealants, but still removable with conventional methods, such as W&N or rubbing alcohol. I have two dolls of my own that I have used this spray on, and two years later, there are no ill effects. There IS, however, a fine pebbling texture on the sprayed surfaces caused by heavier droplets in the spray, that does not usually show in photographs but is somewhat noticeable in person. I have yet to figure out a way to prevent this, and in granting permission to use the Polycrylic Spray, you are aware of this flaw, and do not hold me accountable for it.

Trade Options
currently not accepting trades for anything but specific items - see below

What I will trade for:
DollLegend 60cm male body
ClassyDoll 60cm girl body
Migidoll Yujin head
I am unable to add money to even out a trade at this time, but I also make doll clothing, if you would like to even out the trade in that manner

I reserve the right to decline any trade items for any reason.

Order Form
Username:
Return Address:
Services Desired:
Best Way To Contact You:

Color Pallets
Face-Up
Eyebrows:
Lashes:
Lips:
Freckles/Beauty Marks: Y/N
Location(s):
Scars: Y/N
Location(s):

Body Blush
Nail Polish: Y/N
Color:
Toe Polish: Y/N
Color:
Freckles/Beauty Marks: Y/N
Location(s):
Tattoos: Y/N
Location(s):
Reference(s):

Copy this form into a PM and send it to me. I will respond within 48 hours or less.
Last edited by OkamiKodomo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Face-Ups By OkamiKodomo

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Gothic Angel Cain (white): Fantasy face up, subtractive mods (chin, nose, brow) Owned by OkamiKodomo

ResinSoul Tang (normal): Fantasy face-up (failed dye job by previous owner), slight subtractive mod (forehead carved to accommodate glass gem), custom resin eyes (Owned by OkamiKodomo

Immortality of Soul Class 50 Cho (normal): Basic Face-up (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Seng (light tan): Basic face-up, custom resin eyes (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Leekeworld Lion (normal): Fantasy face-up, custom resin eyes (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Impldoll Aimee (normal): basic face-up, with fantasy part blushing on ears (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Withdoll Dark Elf Angela (rosy brown): Basic Face-up, custom resin eyes (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Feeple60 2013 Juri (normal): Basic face-up, custom resin eyes (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Dong (dark tan): Fantasy Face-up (Artist Choice, fire theme) custom resin eyes

Bobobie Ariel: Face-up (green pallet)

Island Doll Amy: Fantasy Face-up (cat theme, purple color pallet)

Minifee Rix: Face-up (turquoise color pallet)

Feeple60 Luka: Face-up (purple color pallet)

Minifee Ante: Fantasy Face-up (Artist Choice, Dryad/Deer theme)

ResinSoul Wu: Fantasy Face-up (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Fei: Fantasy Face-up, Eye-opening, cheek slimming, ear narrowing mods (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Soom Roxen: Fantasy Face-up and partial blushing (Artist Choice, Succubus theme, black and red pallet)

Minifee SLP Breakaway: Fantasy Face-up, eye-opening mods, custom resin eye (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Mei: Fantasy Face-up (Artist's Choice, frost theme)

DollLeaves Mortin: Fantasy Face-up (Artist's Choice)

ResinSoul Dai (male): Face-up, body blush, extensive removable scar mods, multiple small tattoos, one large, complex tattoo (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Immortality of Soul Cho: Basic Face-up (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Jun: Fantasy Face-up, additional ear mods (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Leekeworld Fox Girl Warrior: Face-up, fantasy parts blushing, body blush

Off Topic Custom Sculpt: Fantasy Face-up

Dreaming Doll Lia: Face-up (Artist's Choice, cute theme)

ResinSoul Ming: Fantasy Face-up (Artist's Choice)

Dollzone Annie: Face-up, eyelashes (Formerly Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Dollzone Hid - face-up with scar and body blush with mani/pedi (piercing by owner)

ResinSoul Ming - face-up and body blush, incl fantasy parts and decal tattoo (piercings by owner)

ResinSoul Jun - full body dye, body blush, extensive full body paint, fantasy face-up, eyelashes (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Jun - face-up (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Mei: Face-up

Angelsdoll Kloze: Face-up, slight eye opening mod (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

Bobobie Isaballa: Face-up

Dollzone Mo: Face-up, removable scar mod (Owned by OkamiKodomo)

ResinSoul Rong: Face-up

ResinSoul Long: full body dye, face-up

ResinSoul Li on male body: full body dye, full body blush, ear removal, face-up

OnlyDoll HongXiu: face-up

ResinSoul Mei: Fantasy Face-up (Formerly owned by OkamiKodomo)

5StarDoll Tong Tong - Face-up, eyelashes, and partial blushing

AoD Hun Dong - Face-up

IslandDoll Amy - face-up additions (lips and brows darkened), body blush with mani/pedi
Last edited by OkamiKodomo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 pm

bump for changed prices, new gallery picture, and sculpt names
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby AthenaSong » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:58 pm

I have an obitsu with a silver head that would be clear once the silver paint was removed. How much would a silver paint removal + face up cost?
AthenaSong

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:39 pm

PMing you :)
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby MissIscariot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Do you have examples of faceups you've done on Obitsu dolls with vinyl faces? That is, without eye sockets.
MissIscariot

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

MissIscariot wrote:Do you have examples of faceups you've done on Obitsu dolls with vinyl faces? That is, without eye sockets.

Only one example. This was the very first face-up I had ever done, prior to anything shown above. Unfortunately, the pictures are very poor quality, as I wasn't used to using my camera's macro settings. pic 1, pic 2 She was given some body blushing and a mani/pedi in addition to her face-up, asked to match the red dress. For some reason, the sealant I used photographed very shiny, though it was supposed to be matte. I no longer use this brand, I've replaced it with ZM powder spray and/or MSC -- I do not use Testor's Dullcote on vinyl dolls, which I should probably note above lol.

EDIT: And apparently, I misread that. I do not have any examples of painted eyes at this time. I have 3 repaints to do in the near future (a Barbie, and 2 Monster High) that I will add to my portfolio once they're completed.
Last edited by OkamiKodomo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 pm

Bump for barter services added, above portfolio pictures.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Bump for added portfolio pic; 5stardoll tong tong
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby paladinari » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I love the largest TongTong pic. It almost looks like she's coming right out of the cloth :)

By the way, this doll looks AWESOME in person. The faceup and blushing are so beautiful and delicate. You're quite the artist! :D

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Sell Your Skills