Go to footer

Green ear on vintage Francie

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Green ear on vintage Francie

Postby ocean-daughter » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:41 pm

I have a vintage Francie head that has pretty bad green ears. I got her thinking I'd try the Clearasil treatment. But I've been reading that on Mod dolls the treatment either doesn't work or bleaches their face. Of course, with this poor doll I don't have much to lose.

Does anyone have experience or advice on removing green ear from a Mod doll?
Just enjoying my dolls...

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ocean-daughter/
ocean-daughter
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Green ear on vintage Francie

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm

From what I can see, the removezit or clearasil method is the only options you have since Mod Era Barbie green ear is insanely difficult to treat, and even then you have a chance of turning it brown or bleaching out the colour. I would definitely recommend scrubbing out the inside of the head with a q tip and soap and water since it can build up inside the head and spread.

Though you could always bleach the ears white and recolour them back to pink with copic markers, though of course that is incredibly risky and all that.

(If anyone else has a better idea I'm happy to know since my TNT barbie head keeps turning green no matter how often I try to de green her face)

As a side note, CLR or Tarnex will damage Mod era dolls like Francie despite it being used on vintage era dolls with no harm to treat green ear.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance