Go to footer

Resin non-maintenance

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Resin non-maintenance

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Please move if this is the wrong section...

I had a spare pair of legs in Resin Soul's light tan/coffee colour (I re-legged Belena so she could have sheep-type legs). So about a year ago I taped off the bottom part of the lower legs and put one on a south facing windowsill and the other on a north facing one. Then I put one of the thighs in a box.

In both images the top is the one from the south facing window, the middle is from the north facing window and the lower is the control thigh. There's also an 18% grey card to try and get the colour right after!

It's not as bad as I was expecting, although overall I'm happier the room my dolls are in is north facing, and they're out of direct light. They've both noticeably discoloured, with the one from the south facing windowsill getting a more yellowish hue to it. I did try to turn them to start off with, but gave up after a couple of months or so - so I'm surprised at how evenly the exposed resin has changed colour.

Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Resin non-maintenance

Postby ButteryBass » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Looks like what my legs look like after marching band season. :lol: sock tan lines?
ButteryBass
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 pm

interestingly enough I was just thinking today about how much I like the way the Resinsoul/Bobobie coffee tan looks as it yellows. I think it really deepens the color of the tan making it more like some other company's darker tans.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 pm

This is really cool. Thanks for running the experiment and showing us the effects of the sun. It almost makes me want to set Ryan out in the sun on purpose to deepen his tan.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:18 pm

I wasn't that keen on the colour change to start with but it really has grown on me. Possibly not enough to leave a naked doll in the window for a year though ;)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Just from my experience with resin yellowing, I think they probably reached "maximum color change" after a few months, tops. My girl and I hung a doll in a window for a while, and after only a few weeks, the color stopped changing. That being said, I love the richness the RS tan takes on after yellowing.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance