Go to footer

Eye decals?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Eye decals?

Postby Dark Angel » Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 pm

I can't keep the eye decals on my 11cm Obitsu. I've tried the Decal Fix (from Junky spot) and I've tried spraying it with testors (both methods, separately and together) have failed. The eyes still peel off and chip. I let the last pair of eyes sit for over 8 hours and they still peeled off. I'm not even intentionally trying to pull them off, they just... do.

Suggestions?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Eye decals?

Postby K2! » Sun May 22, 2016 9:41 pm

I have no experience with eye decals, just decals in general. Make sure the area you're applying the decal to is clean. Chemicals from the molding process and/or finger oils can prevent good adhesion. A little swap of rubbing alcohol wouldn't hurt.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Dark Angel » Sun May 22, 2016 10:54 pm

I sprayed testors on it before I put on the decals because I painted on her mouth. Do you think that could be affecting it? I'll try swabbing it with a little rubbing alcohol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby K2! » Mon May 23, 2016 6:08 am

Dark Angel wrote:I sprayed testors on it before I put on the decals because I painted on her mouth. Do you think that could be affecting it? I'll try swabbing it with a little rubbing alcohol.
I don't use Testors so I am unfamiliar with its properties, but any matte or non-gloss spray you apply will "rough up" the surface. It also may be reacting with the Decal Fix stuff in some way. If you only have paint or pastels applied over the mouth area, a little extra cleaning in the eye area shouldn't hurt.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Dark Angel » Mon May 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Yes, its just a little line for her mouth so cleaning the eye area should be fine. I'll give it a try, thank you!
My Family:
Dark Angel

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance