Go to footer

Hybridizing Questions

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Hybridizing Questions

Postby emmacandyapple » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 pm

So, I'm looking to hybridize this head: http://www.ringdoll.com/goods.php?id=732
With a ResinSoul body. However I can't find a body with the neck size (9.3 cm) that the head has. I'm a newbie to BJDs and don't know whether getting a body with a bigger neck (10 cm or so) or a smaller neck would be better (9 cm or so). I know that I will have to modify either the neck or the head. I don't know which one would be easier, so I'm hoping some experts (or anyone that knows anything about modifying resin) can give me a helping hand on this.
emmacandyapple
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Hybridizing Questions

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:20 am

Personally, I would go a tiny bit smaller. If you go bigger, you'll probably have to sand the neck down. But smaller might not need any kind of modding. Sometimes a wig can hide the size difference. There are also "neck donuts" to help with posing/stability.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Hybridizing Questions

Postby mollym » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 am

Yes, Dark Angel is right. A slightly smaller neck shouldn't be too much of a problem with a neck donut, a silicone disk, mole skin (not made from actual moles) or some hot glue smeared around the neck groove of the head. Really, watching the shoulder width is just as important as the neck size, because that can make a doll look either pin headed or bobble headed. Good luck to you!
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance