Go to footer

Is this a misprint?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Is this a misprint?

Postby Canterbury » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:36 pm

I got some eyedecals from a shop, and when after I placed them on my doll, I noticed that something wasn't right. The whites of the eyes are completely off. Is this supposed to look like this or no? O-o Its not just this one, all of the other eyes in the set look like this.

Canterbury
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Is this a misprint?

Postby Stormlight » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Looks like bad printing to me. I'm pretty sure the whites aren't supposed to extend out that far. They should end where the lashes do. You may have to trim the decals down a bit before using more of them, or else demand your money back from that shop for selling shoddy product.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 pm

That does look like a misprint, like the white screen was not registered properly with the other color screens during printing. But don't take it out on the seller. They can't quality control every product they sell, especially if it comes in an enclosed, sealed package. And if those eye decals were printed on a white backing it's understandable how a batch could get by like that. Heck, you didn't even notice till you put one on. Just contact the shop and ask to exchange (if you really like those eyes) for another set. If the decals can't be seen without opening the package you can probably ask them to open them and inspect them for you. Most reputable retailers won't intentionally sell you bad merchandise. If they got a bad batch from the manufacturer they will probably want to send the whole lot back. They want you happy so you'll come back with more dollars. So send them your photograph, or one a little brighter if possible and an explanation. Be polite. That will encourage them to work with you to fix this problem.
Good Luck.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Canterbury » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 pm

I wasn't taking it out on the seller, I was just asking for someone else's opinion on the eyes since this is the first time that I've used eye decals. I've sent the seller an email with the photo, and they told me to send them back and have them take a look at them. I've bought alot of stuff from this seller, so I know that its easy to overlook something. I'm not really looking to make more dollars, I would just like the correct eye decals.
Canterbury
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance