Go to footer

Protecting soft obitsu bodies

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Protecting soft obitsu bodies

Postby pigeonweed » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 pm

I hope this is the right section to ask this question. I guess anyone who has ever blushed then sealed soft body obitsu might be able to help me.

When you spray MSC to seal the soft part for soft body obitsus, does it lessen the chance of getting stained when the doll is wearing dark clothing? The few tips that I've found to lessen stains on the doll bodies were to soak the clothes in vinegar then wash them to get rid of residue dye on doll clothes.

The other day, I found that even contact with some dark colored plastics (Ken's shoes) will actually stain the obitsu hands. I had a little box where I kept all my alternate obitsu box and loose accessories and found that one of the white fleshtone hands sitting too close to a ken shoe developed stains just by laying close to the shoe while it was in storage.

Any other advice on how to protect soft obitsu bodies and the hands from getting stained would be great!
pigeonweed
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Protecting soft obitsu bodies

Postby Misheru » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 am

All of my dollies wear full bodysuits (either from cool cat or beach girl nikita) if they are going to wear something dark or potentially staining.

The MSC can help a little and a vinegar soak and prewash for the clothing will also help, but dark dyed fabric will almost always cause staining on vinyl and on a lot of resin. So will some wigs. Just a note. Wig caps are useful if it is a problem for you.

Also watch for dark tights and stockings or socks.

I have dollies who are already stained and they are the ones who get the really dark fashions in the house. :)
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby AthenaSong » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Does the sealant help protect the soft bodies at all? I'm dieing for a soft body Obitsu, but I'm terrified of it getting stained! And I hate to have the poor thing be stuck wearing nothing but white for the rest of her life!
AthenaSong

Postby Yanagi-sen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 am

AthenaSong wrote:Does the sealant help protect the soft bodies at all? I'm dieing for a soft body Obitsu, but I'm terrified of it getting stained! And I hate to have the poor thing be stuck wearing nothing but white for the rest of her life!

This is where body suits really are your friend. Or lining dark clothing with thin white fabric. You can just get a pair of white tights, put the doll inside, pin the fabric snug around them, cut away the extra and sew. I've used this method to make body suits for everything from tinies to 1/6 to 1/4.

MSC will help... but it will conversely make stuff like lint stick to the doll, since it creates 'tooth' that helps pastels and the like stick.

It is an obitsu, eventually it WILL stain. That's just the nature of the beast. You can minimized the potential, but it will happen. It just does. I swear Omi could pick up stains dressed in an all-white outfit.
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AthenaSong » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm

I know the pain of staining already. I have little pullip that was stained by the clothes she was packaged with!

I might try the body stocking idea once I get some more sewing practice in. I just think the soft bodies are so cute!
AthenaSong

Postby K2! » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

Remember that most of the parts for Obitsus from 40cm up are available separately, so when a part becomes severely stained and won't clean to your satisfaction, it can be replaced relatively easily.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance