Go to footer

Removing MSC from a 1/6 Obitsu hard bust body

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Removing MSC from a 1/6 Obitsu hard bust body

Postby Evelien » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:30 am

I'm going crazy. I've spent about an hour trying to get MSC off of a 1/6 hard bust Obitsu body. I've tried nail polish remover without and with acetone (I know it's bad but I was desperate), Magic Erasers, scourers and a flat head screwdriver. Getting it off seems impossible and the body's getting uglier and uglier, think I might as well throw it away? :(

Last edited by Evelien on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Removing MCS from a 1/6 Obitsu hard bust body

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:37 am

Some rubbing alchol (like 91% or something but I think something lower would work)+Magic Eraser and SCRUB. Or you can get some Winsor&Newton brush cleaner if it's available around you and use that with cotton swab or magic eraser.
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 am

I think you may have actually melted the body plastic. Use a small emory board and sand it down into a shape. Then take really fine sandpaper to it - the fancy emory boards with foam in the middle usually work. Otherwise, new body. You can get a replacement torso from Parabox:

27RP-F01W-21
upper trunk & neck parts
- white skin
$9.00

http://parabox.jp/eng/27fn-parts.html
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Evelien » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for the helpful replies. I do think I melted the plastic and I already feared this before I had even used the acetone, so I don't know what caused it. I think it's too damaged to sand down into a smooth shape, I'll check Parabox for spare parts... I wasn't very clear about the body size btw, I think it's a 23cm, which is quite flat chested compared to the 27cm torso you posted, I hope they have 23cm spare parts too. I'll check it out right now. Due to high shipping cost it might be more expensive than getting an entirely new body from Mimi Woo though..? For me, in Europe, anyway. But as I said, I'll check it out right now haha :D

Wanna make my third Little Pullip hybrid asap :)

edit Yeah.. it's as I feared.. the part is only $9, but shipping is $20. -_- I'll just get a new body :(
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance