Go to footer

How to fix a broken 1/6 Obitsu arm?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

How to fix a broken 1/6 Obitsu arm?

Postby sailor_ashes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am

Hello everyone! <3

I am very sad to say that my dear girls arm broke off last night while I was posing her, and the peg is now stuck inside the arm socket. :( I don't know where I can get spare parts, Parabox is the only one that offers them but it costs $20 to ship from there. :/ She is also a 25cm soft body girl. Does anyone know how I can get the peg out of her arm, and where I could get spare arm parts? I would be really grateful. <3

Thank you! :)

(I can also post pics if you would like to see it better!)
sailor_ashes

Re: How to fix a broken 1/6 Obitsu arm?

Postby K2! » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:40 pm

I am not at all familiar with Obitsus smaller than 40cm, but I do have a bit of experience with snapped off pegs.

To get the remains of a snapped off peg out of a socket, locate a screw that's about 1/2 the diameter (or smaller) than the socket and at least 1" long. Next take a drill bit that's slightly smaller than the screw and using that bit, drill a hole in the snapped off peg. It might be best to do this by hand and I mean by twisting and pushing the drill bit with your fingers. It might take a little time but most plastic isn't too hard so it shouldn't be too difficult. You can, of course use an electric drill but be very careful. With such a small area and relatively shallow hole that you wish to drill, an electric drill can "bite" pretty fast and before you know it you're drilled too deep.
So drill a hole in the snapped off peg. It needs to be just deep enough for you to screw in the screw firmly. With the screw in the hole, use the screw as a handle to pull out the snapped off peg. If the screw pulls out of the hole, carefully drill the hole a little deeper and try again.

Good Luck.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: How to fix a broken 1/6 Obitsu arm?

Postby sailor_ashes » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:02 pm

K2! wrote:I am not at all familiar with Obitsus smaller than 40cm, but I do have a bit of experience with snapped off pegs.

To get the remains of a snapped off peg out of a socket, locate a screw that's about 1/2 the diameter (or smaller) than the socket and at least 1" long. Next take a drill bit that's slightly smaller than the screw and using that bit, drill a hole in the snapped off peg. It might be best to do this by hand and I mean by twisting and pushing the drill bit with your fingers. It might take a little time but most plastic isn't too hard so it shouldn't be too difficult. You can, of course use an electric drill but be very careful. With such a small area and relatively shallow hole that you wish to drill, an electric drill can "bite" pretty fast and before you know it you're drilled too deep.
So drill a hole in the snapped off peg. It needs to be just deep enough for you to screw in the screw firmly. With the screw in the hole, use the screw as a handle to pull out the snapped off peg. If the screw pulls out of the hole, carefully drill the hole a little deeper and try again.

Good Luck.

Oh wow, that is really helpful! Thank you so much! :D
sailor_ashes

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance