Go to footer

How to Fix Cracks on Obtisu?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

How to Fix Cracks on Obtisu?

Postby AthenaSong » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

I just got a preowned Clear Obtisu today and I've already spotted two cracks on the breast plate part! They're still thin and small so I want to fix them before they get worse. Here are two super blurry pictures of the cracks:

How can I do this? Is there some sort of glue or sealant I can use to patch it up?
AthenaSong

Re: How to Fix Cracks on Obtisu?

Postby K2! » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm

I am not entirely familiar with the clear material used in those particular Obitsus, but I'm pretty sure the adhesive of choice is going to be super glue. You are going to want to use the "regular" kind not the thicker gap filling variety. You really want capillary action to do it's job and suck that glue into the tiny opening of the crack and the thick stuff won't do that as well. If the crack is near a joint or where two independent pieces over lap, take precautions to keep the parts from accidentally being glued together (disassembly, plastic "slip sheet" between them, etc.). Use the glue sparingly and wipe any excess off the front immediately with a tissue or paper towel.

The crack will probably still be visible after gluing, but if you can get the glue in there it should slow or stop any lengthening of the crack.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance