Go to footer

fixing rooter hair

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

fixing rooter hair

Postby quidam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

I have a large Gotz baby doll with lovely rooted hair. Unfortunately she sat in her unopened box for too long and she has a spot on the back of her head where the hair rows pushed away from each other resulting in a lovely bald spot.

What is the easiest way to get train the hair back into the correct direction?
There's a little girl who is getting her for Christmas and I want her looking as perfect as possible.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: fixing rooter hair

Postby Resu » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm fairly sure you can use hot water to set the hair in the proper position again. Make sure you have some cold water standing by before you start.

I'd boil up some water, set it aside for about 5 minutes, pour the water over the doll's hair, comb the hair quickly, pour the cold water over the doll's hair, comb it back into place again, and let it air dry.

If you're really paranoid about whether the hot water might damage the hair, test out a few strands before you pour the hot water over the hair.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance