Go to footer

bjd eyelash casualty!

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Re: bjd eyelash casualty!

Postby EAB » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I glue eyelashes to the upper rim of the eye hole. I use tacky glue and put it on with a toothpick. Then I hold the eyelash strip with tweezers, position it, and tap it down with another toothpick. If you roll the strip around a toothpick before you put it on, it helps it to curve and conform to the shape of the eye hole better.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm

inside or outside depends on how you want the eyelash to look. Outside will give you more of a bedroom eye look. I use Elmer's Glue to put eyelashes on my dolls, except when I was out and used Elmer's wood glue. It worked...
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Evelien » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Tacky glue! What a great tip! I never thought of using my Tacky Glue. I've always used human eyelash glue so far (didn't know what else to use...) and they always come off again :P
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Thu May 17, 2012 6:41 am

Does Elmers = PVA?
Or is it something else entirely?
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance