Go to footer

DZ armour hands in Leeke L wrist?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

DZ armour hands in Leeke L wrist?

Postby iron_dog » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 am

I won the Leeke Khal Vampire at DollNorth this May and while his default hands are really nice and beautifully blushed, I'd like him to have clawed hands and the ones by DZ are just awesome looking. These are them: http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/item ... 2&DOLL=YES There is NO resin match between these and ones offered up on the DoA MP (both are NY), but I would be dying the hands light blue/purple to mimic his default hand blushing, so it doesn't matter.

Khal's default hands are a little on the ginormous side. He's listed as a 67cm doll on the Leeke site and I know the DZ hands are supposed to be for a 70-72cm doll according to their site info, but Khal's default hands really are that large that these may fit him. He also has magnetic hands so I cannot use his existing wrist ball to attach the DZ hands.

I measured Khal's wrist socket diameter as roughly 2cm and the circumference of his wrist ball as approximately 8cm. I asked a seller of a pair of the DZ clawed hands on DoA if she could measure the wrist ball for me and she returned with approximate measurements of a 2.4cm diameter and 7cm circumference. It is entirely possibly that I erred slightly in my measurements and his wrist ball is a little smaller than 8cm around so the fit may be even better than at first glance.

What I really need to know is if the DZ hands will fit okay in Khal's wrist socket without modding (sanding down) or utterly swimming because Khal has ginormous hands. Any help insight would be highly appreciated.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance