Go to footer

Twin Pine Formula 9-1-1 Deep Cleaner for Vinyl Dolls

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Twin Pine Formula 9-1-1 Deep Cleaner for Vinyl Dolls

Postby Nelly19 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 am

http://junkyspot.com/obindex.html

This is the cleaner that Junkyspot sells, its suppose to be a good Cleaner for Vinyl dolls, I am wonder for the sake of my obi that has curious stains, will this work without eroding or adding more stains to her....right now she has mine scuffs from God knows where but what has me kinda worried are the light yellowish/green stains up her right leg and on some pairs of hands, I am assuming is the oils fro my hand cause she has been in aircondition since her arrive and my room has little sunlight. If it does work, would it be ok if i give her a good cleaning once a month? What would be the fequency to protect her body from horrendous staining....its a big thing for me cause they dont sell her height legs as replacement parts >.<
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Twin Pine Formula 9-1-1 Deep Cleaner for Vinyl Dolls

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:30 pm

I would only use the Formula 911 for major staining and then only to clean that stain. For regular monthly cleansing, I recommend baby shampoo and water. Also, Isopropyl Alchohol 91% plus Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will take off stains as well. Both Formula 911 and the Alchohol/Magic Eraser will take off paint so be careful around faceups. There are more indepth threads on cleaning on the forum that you should be able to find. Try the soap and water first on your stains, then the Magic Eraser. If they don't respond to that, then go for the Formula 911.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 pm

This is a wonderful product.

Obistus and vinyl dolls in general do not yellow or green from the sun. You had her in contact with something that stained her.

The other product that Jspot sells, RemoveZit, gets out stuff you never thought would come out, like Sharpie marks. You need Formula 911 to take off RemoveZit.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Nelly19 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

yup i figured out what happened, i put her in my bag and i forgot oil spilled in thier previously (hair oil) so some of it absorbed into her leg and arms and even a hand, the legs have the biggesr areat staining, my ocd is in hyper drive cause i al have been doing is finding ways to leech this out of her skin. So what products ( hosehold or specialty) do I use to remove an oil base stain for her legs?
Nelly19

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Aha, for this you DO need the Formula 911 and RemoveZit. Get the kit from JunkySpot. The Formula 911 should remove the staining. It is worth having on hand! It is a professional restoration product.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Nelly19 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 am

This is gonna sound so weird but it's true, before I saw the reply I was online looking for things that would lift oil stains out of vinyl, of course it was more or less showing results for vinyl siding and windows or something, so is looked up vinyl dolls and found a post on benzinoyl peroxide being able to help, it's the main ingredient in acne medicine and some white cream should lift the stains out.....

Long story short am on proactive and the strongest medicine they got has 7% benzinoyl peroxide which I have....I tried it and it worked. I left it for a few hours and then lightly scrubbed the spots with a tooth brush when it was time to take it off, and her legs and arms and good as new.......I won't let that happen again for sure
Nelly19

Postby kiki-chan78 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 am

Keep an eye on the spots where you used the acne cream. Main reason that I never recommend acne cream for stain removal on dolls is because the one and only time I ever used it, my doll (Omi) started to yellow. It wasn't noticeable at first, but after about a year, the areas where the cream had been applied turned nearly highlighter yellow.

The only product that I will ever use now is Twin Pines Removezit, since that was specifically formulated for stain removal on vinyl dolls.

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Nelly19 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 am

Yup, i am on edge a bit too, I will still order the twin pines and clean the area again. So far its fine.I scrubbed her legs (the whole thing) gently in a circular motion with a tooth brush in soapy water gentle and baby shampoo. I even let them soak a bit to stop the peroxide ...sigh she is handful this one. I wasnt expecting it to work though...
Last edited by Nelly19 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nelly19

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:11 pm

They are worth it! I have had Hazel going on seven years (!) and she has been a constant joy for me. You would not believe how many stains she has though! She got a Formula 911 bath yesterday and I was amazed at how clean she is now. I haven't done the Removezit treatment yet for the main stains, and she could probably still use more Formula 911, but the product is great. And I love all my Obitsu's! I have 10 large ones, and some of them don't even have any stains. They get much more attention than the resin dolls do.
It's all about Hazel!

zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Janeway » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 pm

:) I have this stuff too and l agree with others that have use it and like it.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance