Go to footer

Cleaning Marks on a Faceup?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Cleaning Marks on a Faceup?

Postby Nunubit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

I was playing with my dolls today, when I looked closely on my YoMi's face and saw that she had gray/grey/black marks on her chin. I think those appeared when I was at Uncanny Dreams and she wasn't as well protected as usual, and I was wondering if there is a way to get those marks off without ruining the faceup?

I have tried just a bit of rubbing with a moist paper towel, but I am afraid to do any more, since I don't know what is safe, if anything.

She is a Hujoo, and thus not vinyl, if that matters.
Nunubit
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Cleaning Marks on a Faceup?

Postby Yanagi-sen » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:34 am

Eeeks... on the face is tricky. You can GENTLY try a DRY Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (or equivalent). I've done that for the little smudges that Momiji seems to get on his chin all the time (even though I don't grab him there to move his head, I think he gets it from his face up protector, which he hates). Just do as little as necessary and only on that place (tear off a small piece of eraser) so you don't risk damaging the lips, etc.
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nunubit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:53 pm

It worked! The dry magic eraser seems to have gotten almost all of the marks off, and I don't see anything different with the faceup itself. There are still two pale dots, but for now, I am very happy! Thank you very much!
Nunubit
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Yanagi-sen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Nunubit wrote:It worked! The dry magic eraser seems to have gotten almost all of the marks off, and I don't see anything different with the faceup itself. There are still two pale dots, but for now, I am very happy! Thank you very much!

No problem, we are here to help. The magic eraser is definitely your friend! I carry around small pieces in my doll carrier all the time (along with a pair of hemostats in case something happens with the elastic). Glad it worked. ^__^
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance