Go to footer

Where can I find restringing tutorials?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Where can I find restringing tutorials?

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

And what tools do I need exactly?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Where can I find restringing tutorials?

Postby MissWolfee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am

Hello there. I don't really know if it will be useful for you, but I found this quick tutorial in restringing a BJD in DA ----> http://kagen-no-tsuki.deviantart.com/art/BJD-Restringing-Tutorial-149336992 ^^
The owner explains in the start what you will need to do it.
I hope it will help you!
-= Searching to buy the Hujoo WHITE Freya cat!! =-
MissWolfee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Restringing a doll video, materials listing at the beginning, mostly house hold objects http://youtu.be/09mRo78HnDg Links to part two.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

The method in the deviantart link seems easy enough to follow... I have purchased a hemostat and will attempt to restring my girl once it arrives ^_^
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby SoapBubbles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 am

Just remember to have some sort of method to keep your left parts separate from your right (if your dolls aren't pre-labeled for you). When I took my doll apart for the first time to do a bit of cleaning and I spent like half an hour staring at company photos trying to figure out which lower leg part was the left and which one was the right. :lol: Btw, I'm still not sure if I put him back together 100% correctly.
~**~ My Family of 3: Niel (BF TF/MNF Hybrid), Eira (Soom LG), & Mare (Soom TG). ~**~
SoapBubbles
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Nella » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 am

It can really help to have a second person, especially if it's your first time. Another tip to not be alarmed if your doll doesn't have s-hooks in the hands and feet. Not every doll does.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby jemlovecraft » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Do you have to fold the body/leg elastic up at the top of the S-hook, or can the fold for the legs rest in the hip piece?
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Fallen-AngelGirl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:10 pm

jemlovecraft wrote:Do you have to fold the body/leg elastic up at the top of the S-hook, or can the fold for the legs rest in the hip piece?

Not sure exactly what you mean by this. The string has to be attached at the top s-hook in the neck but the knots can be hidden in the body as long as they're secure enough not to get undone. The only issue with that would be that it would be hard to get to if you wanted to tighten the sting. If I'm understanding this wrong please just ask ^^'
Fallen-AngelGirl
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby famedglory » Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am

jemlovecraft wrote:Do you have to fold the body/leg elastic up at the top of the S-hook, or can the fold for the legs rest in the hip piece?

You don't want one of the loops of elastic to rest in the hips. It messes with the tension and causes the doll to be kicky in weird ways. When you fold your main loop of elastic in half, you want both loops of the elastic to be attached to the S-hook in the head. I hope that made sense.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 pm

famedglory wrote:

You don't want one of the loops of elastic to rest in the hips. It messes with the tension and causes the doll to be kicky in weird ways. When you fold your main loop of elastic in half, you want both loops of the elastic to be attached to the S-hook in the head. I hope that made sense.

O__O

I strung my Dollzone girl wrong, then.
Lamia of the Dark

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance