Go to footer

Ok I'm going a little mad scientist here...

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Ok I'm going a little mad scientist here...

Postby TatsuKitty » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:20 pm

I am going nuts trying to figure out what to do as a body for my minifee girl I want her to be taller, so obitsu looked like a good option. Only but there is that I don't want a squishy doll, or a doll that would stain easily. There's really nothing else out there that i'm finding I liked. So... My mad scientist question of the day is: Can you cover vinyl in apoxie/Epoxie? And how easy is it to color apoxie/epoxie?
TatsuKitty
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Ok I'm going a little mad scientist here...

Postby yarwel » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 pm

I honestly don't think that's a very good idea; I haven't worked with epoxie, but I have tried applying polymer clay, which like epoxie cures hard, to soft vinyl, with very poor results. I've had lots of cracking and chipping because the material underneath flexes when the material on top doesn't and the two parts pull apart. You might have better results with epoxie as far as cracking because epoxie is so hard, but I think the pulling apart would still be a problem especially if you are thinking of making a very thin coating. Have you looked at the sq-labs body? Dirili has one there's a picture this thread: http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7084&p=82588&hilit=+faun#p82588
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Ok I'm going a little mad scientist here...

Postby TatsuKitty » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:51 pm

That's one of the things I was worried about. Thanks for the fast reply and info about dolls!
TatsuKitty
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance