Go to footer

Partially removing a factory faceup?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Partially removing a factory faceup?

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:43 pm

So.... one of my guys has weird blushing on his chin that I'd like to just magic-erase, but I don't know if that would adversely affect any other areas of his faceup because I'm not sure how it is sealed....
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Partially removing a factory faceup?

Postby mica » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 pm

I would like to know about partially removing one also...
I was going to take a tiny bit of paint thinner to remove lips-
but then I wondered will this make a circle of non-sealant around lips,
and will it look weird resprayed with sealant?
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Linteia » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Is it a resin or ABS? The one resin I defaced you couldn't really tell parts were removed besides the obvious lack of an eyebrow. Same with my Moxie Teen; she has her factory eye make up but I removed her blush/lip gloss and you can't tell. If the weird cheek issue doesn't bleed into any other area you want to keep I would guess it would be fine. Neither were sealed, but if you put a sealant over it that will probably discolor.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Linteia wrote:Is it a resin or ABS? The one resin I defaced you couldn't really tell parts were removed besides the obvious lack of an eyebrow. Same with my Moxie Teen; she has her factory eye make up but I removed her blush/lip gloss and you can't tell. If the weird cheek issue doesn't bleed into any other area you want to keep I would guess it would be fine. Neither were sealed, but if you put a sealant over it that will probably discolor.

It's resin, my Doll Leaves guy has a weird blush on his chin that I would like to get rid of...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Fallen-AngelGirl » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:59 pm

If It's only one or two layers of sealant (one if it's still the original face-up) Then i don't think there should be any visible lines or seams between the old sealant and the new. I've been trying a few things with my doll and MSC for the past few days and i haven't been able to see any problems. The only way I think you would see a difference with partially removing the face-up is if you had sealed it in multiple layers ( which is only if you did the face yourself) because then it might be thick enough that you might see something like that looks like a "chip" where the layers of sealant were removed.
Fallen-AngelGirl
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance