Go to footer

Repairing a split in a vinyl head?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Repairing a split in a vinyl head?

Postby Linainversetsg » Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 pm

I was wondering if anyone had some tips for repair a split or tear in a vinyl doll head? Years ago I necked the edge of the neck hole with scissors and it's slowly slit along the chin up towards the lip. I'd like to repair it before the entire face is ruined. I hot glue bandaged it but it's unsightly and I know it will break down with age.

Any idea what I can do to apply a more permanent repair? One I hopefully can blush to match his skin?
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Repairing a split in a vinyl head?

Postby magkelly » Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Yup, craft store, maybe an auto store they sell a vinyl car repair kit. It's meant for vinyl dashes and seats but it's clear and you can use it to seal a doll head. They have colored kits too sometimes but you don't want that except maybe if it's white? In the glue section of the craft store. You're looking for a stronger epoxy that sticks to vinyl. I've used clear craft glue in a pinch for a while but that doesn't last forever. The vinyl repair stuff works better.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Repairing a split in a vinyl head?

Postby Linainversetsg » Wed May 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I didn't know that stuff was safe to use on dolls! Thanks I'll give that a try!
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance