Go to footer

Obitsu 65cm male, broken elbow

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Obitsu 65cm male, broken elbow

Postby Nehelenia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am

Hello everyone,
I got a new obitsu 65cm boy and unfortunately... I got a broken elbow joint within the first hour I got him.
It was terrible :/ I was extra careful with him cause I knew that the arm joints are very fragile.
I tried to pin it and glue it but the tension of this joint is too much and the fix doesn't last for long.
Obitsu doesn't sell spare parts for the 65cm body so I was wondering. Does anyone know if the 60cm elbow joint matches the 65cm body?
I am going to buy them and try but if anyone else tried please let me know.

Here is my boy. He is still work in progress :)
Hello ladies :3 by QueeNehelenia, on Flickr
Nehelenia
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Obitsu 65cm male, broken elbow

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Sadly, the 60 joint does not. Kiki-chan78 has plans for replacing the joint when necessary since she has one too. I will point her in your direction.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Nehelenia wrote: Does anyone know if the 60cm elbow joint matches the 65cm body?

After a bit of excavation, it appears the elbow joint on my 65cm male body is identical to the elbow joint on my 60cm bodies (60RP-F04WP-31).
There are some anomalies with the fit of the upper arm and lower arm "bones" that connect to the elbow joint, some fit tighter than others, but you should be able to use the 60cm part successfully.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby kiki-chan78 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 am

Wow, your boy is very lovely! What head are you using? It looks GREAT!

Yeah, the jointing is a little on the 'wonky' side. Try the 60cm elbow. It looks like a less elaborate fix than what I'm doing for my boy's ankle. ^.~
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Nehelenia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 am

Thank you very much everyone, especially K2!
I got a Dollfie Dream 07 head on him. I had to mod his neck in order to make it fit nicely :)
I will be making this guy into Emiya Shirou, he is an anime character from the fate/ series. I will post lots of pictures of him when he's done ^^
Nehelenia
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance